Is my navel piercing infected?

I've had this belly button piercing for about a year ad a half now. It's been fine, but suddenly it hurts when I bend over or touch it. The skin around the top ball is a little bit swollen and a small amount of gooey stuff is coming out of the bottom. I just wanna know what's going on and how to treat it before it gets worse!!! Thank you so much :)

• Anisya
    Favorite Answer

signs of infection:

green, brown, grey or some other unusual color of secretion (clear, white and yellowed are normal, even with healed piercings)

hot feeling to the touch accompanied by streaked redness

foul odor

If your piercing doesn't fall into what I just listed, you've likely just done something to irritate it lately. Have you recently changed jewelry? Maybe brushed it up against something or bumped it too hard? Start doing sea salt soaks again. (1/4 teaspoon non iodized sea salt per 8 oz of water, just in case you don't remember) Ibuprofen will help with the swelling.

If you don't see any improvement in the next few days, the best thing you can do is go back to the piercer (or to a piercer in your area if that is not an option) and have them take a look.

I've had mine for about 4 months an i had similar problems. These problems usually happens when it's not healed all the way up & you did something to irritate it by bending over an putting a lot of pressure on it, make sure to keep it clean. Clean it with some antibacterial soap. But I suggest you use sea salt & water to keep it clean an you can also purchase some sea salt water spray & it should get better. Don't freak out & don't touch it with your hands unless you wash them first! Hope this helps :)

It's diff infected so what y need to do is take your ring out and clean it...use salt and water...make sure the ring y use is stainless steal and not some cheap mock off. That could cause the infection if it's not stainless steal and a new ring. To treat the infection y can put the ring back in and once in the morning and night clean it with salt water. 1 table spoon salt and a cup of water

It will work

Xxx

Yes, that sounds like an infection. Weird that it has become infected after so long. Just take it out. Belly button piercings are overrated and old.