Meagan
Lv 4
Meagan asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 8 years ago

how can i change my router's security settings from wpa to wep?

im trying to connect my dsi to my wireless wifi to play soul silver.

i did some research of why it wasnt working and supposedly i have to change the security settings from wpa to wep.?

how can i do this.? thank you.

Update:

i have comcast.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

first write your router ip address on your address bar and enter then give your user name and password.

now go to the wireless setting and chose your option wpa to wep from Security Option. save and exit. thanks

• April
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You need to access the WRT54G2 from a wired computer plugged into that router or a computer using the Wireless but don't do that if you are messing with the wireless settings (you'll knock yourself off the router). The security settings of the Wi-Fi are in the router, that is where you need to configure an new SSID with the WEP security settings that you will then enter into the Nintendo DS. You will need the username/password that your roomate set on the router. Enter the IP address of the router into your browser to get on the router. Try to keep the WPA ssid up and running for your computers, WEP isn't great for security. So ADD a new wlan on the wireless router, use WEP, remember the WEP key, then enter setup the Nintendo DS to connect to that SSID with the same WEP key.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

hey ..

see ur router user guide or see at bottom of the device ..

there will be IP addreess ..

simply type ip in ur browser ..

then it will ask 4 passwod and username

default name and password is admin ....

so u can change all settingzz

• 8 years ago

It depends which router you have. Could you provide us with this piece of information?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Hi, it purely depends on which router you use,

but usually it is available in Advance Settings of

the software that came with your router. Changing

Security method is not always available, but check

out if you're lucky enough...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

And Meagan presents to us her *** like a little baby chimpanzee.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.