Best graphics card for games for around $100?

I've been looking for a good graphics card to play GTA IV, The Sims 3, MAYBE Skyrim; stuff like that, for around $100. There's not a whole lot out there for that price. My current card can handle GTA pretty decently on high settings (Evga Geforce GT 640), but it's still a bit laggy. I am not rich and can't really afford an obscenely expensive graphics card. Here are my computer specs.

Dell XPS 8500

Processor: Intel Core 3rd Generation i5-3350p (Quad-Core) clocked at 3.1GHz.

RAM: 8GB DDR3

PSU: Stock 460 watt

I've been looking at a few graphics card, but I don't know how good they are as I'm not exactly a computer expert. Here are the cards I've been looking at:

ASUS Radeon HD 6670 1GB

EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 1GB

If these cards aren't very good, what would you recommend? :\

Favorite Answer

Personally I would go for the Radeon, but since you have intel CPU the nvidia card will give you better performance.

a good idea would be to check out a few reviews as well, search for: "card1 vs card2 benchmark" and maybe look for how they compare in the games you want to play

• ?

The 9800GT is a sturdy card for that variety yet once you are able to pilfer extra funds, then the HD4850 provides you with an fairly significant develop for an fairly small fee difference. A 9800GT is in actuality the standard 8800 so its not something new rather, the 9800GTX could be a extra useful decision. if your motherboard helps SLI, flow forward and purchase the 9800GT, you are able to constantly SLI your way up.