Best graphics card for games for around $100?

I've been looking for a good graphics card to play GTA IV, The Sims 3, MAYBE Skyrim; stuff like that, for around $100. There's not a whole lot out there for that price. My current card can handle GTA pretty decently on high settings (Evga Geforce GT 640), but it's still a bit laggy. I am not rich and can't really afford an obscenely expensive graphics card. Here are my computer specs.

Dell XPS 8500

Processor: Intel Core 3rd Generation i5-3350p (Quad-Core) clocked at 3.1GHz.

RAM: 8GB DDR3

PSU: Stock 460 watt

I've been looking at a few graphics card, but I don't know how good they are as I'm not exactly a computer expert. Here are the cards I've been looking at:

ASUS Radeon HD 6670 1GB

EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 1GB

If these cards aren't very good, what would you recommend? :\

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Personally I would go for the Radeon, but since you have intel CPU the nvidia card will give you better performance.

a good idea would be to check out a few reviews as well, search for: "card1 vs card2 benchmark" and maybe look for how they compare in the games you want to play

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The 9800GT is a sturdy card for that variety yet once you are able to pilfer extra funds, then the HD4850 provides you with an fairly significant develop for an fairly small fee difference. A 9800GT is in actuality the standard 8800 so its not something new rather, the 9800GTX could be a extra useful decision. if your motherboard helps SLI, flow forward and purchase the 9800GT, you are able to constantly SLI your way up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.