Hi, I’m in Philippines as a temporary resident and holding a Nigerian Passport.?

Hi, I’m in Philippines as a temporary resident and holding a Nigerian Passport….I want visit my fiance in Australia, she’s an Australian citizen and willing to invite me to Australia. My question is, Can I apply for a tourist visa to visit my fiance from Philippines or i'll have to go back to Nigeria?


Also, what are the requirements?

4 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Generally consulates are reluctant to issue tourist visas, to applicants who are traveling and not in their own country or place of legal residence.

    This is due to the fact that the consulate can not do a proper job of due diligence to confirm that you are eligible, and not a risk to violate the tourist visa.

    I would guess your chances are zero.

    However the only way to find out for sure is to visit the Aussie consulate, pay the application fee and see what happens.

    Requirements are: abundant proof that you will return to Nigeria, and not overstay in Australia. You prove this by showing them what a great job, and real estate you have back home.


    Fred Wahl


  • 4 years ago

    Your passport and your eco-friendly card. see you later as you at the on the spot are not planning to paintings and also you're planning to leave interior ninety days your passport will be stamped with a concentrated visitor's visa.

  • toomba
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    To get a tourist visa you need to prove you have strong ties to your country, e.g. a job, children, etc. If you are wishing to visit your fiance you should only apply for a prospective spouse visa which has its own series of criteria (e.g. you need to have met in person, $$$ requirement, medicals etc). Nigeria is a high risk country and any applicant from that country needs to go through more hoops and legal checks than other countries.

  • 8 years ago

    Visit the Australian Embassy in Philippines and apply.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.