How do I get my Scorpio girlfriend to open up more?

Well this is a Scorpio-Scorpio relationship, haven't been dating long. We're pretty laid back Scorpios, so no possessiveness and jealously so far. Only trouble I'm having is communication. I'm always the conversation starter, thing is that a conversation never last. I ask a question and she gives me a direct answer. Ex. How was your day? Her: Good. It's like that all the time with every question. I ask stuff that requires some thought as well and same thing happens. I've told her that it's a problem and that we can't keep a convo going like that. She said ok. Next thing you know we're back at it. She makes it so hard to say something. Don't even get me started on texting. Like on the phone tonight we sat in silence for a good five minutes and she has the nerve to say I'm quiet. She never ask anything about me, I basically have to tell her myself. I'm almost on the verge off ended this. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

Some people are like that. My Scorpio boyfriend is like that for one thing... I ask him about his day, he says "Good". I tell him this long story about my childhood & he says "K." LOL! At first it aggrevated me!! I was trying to get to know him, d@mmit! But then I realized that he opened up in other ways. Sometimes when I least expect it, he tells me something personal. Or, his idea of connecting is sitting together and having quiet dinner that we made together. Just because he doesn't talk when I want him to doesn't mean that he does not communicate.

Your girlfriend might communicate in other ways. Watch for that. You know that golden rule: Treat everyone how you would like to be treated? Growing up, I learned that this is simply not true. You must treat everyone how THEY would like to be treated. Just because you expect a more elaborate answer to the question "How was your day" does not mean that she cannot communicate well. If you love her, you must figure out how SHE likes to communicate. Is communication for her sitting in silence reading a book with you? Is it showing you an article she likes? Is it helping you run an errand? Or is it simply holding your hand?

This is something you should think about if you find she is worth keeping the relationship for.

Libra man said it well! It seems that you're the only one trying to make it work. I'm surprised that she's a Scorpio and not a good communicator. I'm a Scorpio and I barely shut up! Haha. The fact that you're putting in so much effort puzzles me even more that she's not giving back or meeting you half way; it's usually us scorpions that have trouble with other signs not communicating. Is she on the cusp of a saggitarian by any chance? Libras are meant to be good communicators (but not a good match), not sure if sags are good talkers though.

If I was you, as hard as this might be, id reconsider the relationship. It should be about giving and receiving with both people feeling equally loved and appreciated. Good luck!

Source(s): Scorpio gal

Unfortunately, you can't "get" it make a Scorpio to do anything...theyre stubborn...and most I've known don't like talking on the phone unless drunk, lol.

Source(s): Personal experience

Honestly, I can't bear when people are terrible communicators. They are SO boring. I understand your frustration friend, and if I were in your shoes, I would've ended the relationship because you're the only one making an effort to keep it alive. Or maybe she's just messing with you, I don't know xD

Source(s): Libra Man