Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelGermanyOther - Germany · 8 years ago

Are there any Chinese immigrants living in Germany?

I just think it would be weird to see a Chinese person speaking German

Favorite Answer

Of course there are. And of course they speak German. I think your question is weird.

Plenty. Even thirty years ago in the little town where I lived, there was a very famous, Chinese immigrant named "Mr Tang". He was allowed to stay because the population collected signatures for a petition to keep him in the country. Everybody loved his restaurant. And I met him as a little boy, and he spoke perfect German.

Yes ofcourse in fact one of them happens to be the vice chancellor of Germany!!!!!!!!!!His name is Phillip Rosler...Hitler must be turning in his crave!

• Jens

My colleague that i'm sharing my office with is a German of Taiwanese descent, so nearly exactly what you're asking for (China considers Taiwan a part of itself).

Not weird at all, not really any different than a Chinese speaking English in the USA.

Yes.

Why would it be more weird than seeing a Chinese person speak English or any language other han Chinese?