a-m asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 8 years ago

Why are there some long neurons and some short ones?

Favorite Answer

It is due to variable lengths of axons. As axons have to reach the end points depending upon the organs, the axons are accordingly lengthened.

• April

Exercise and eat right. Raise your confidence in yourself. Knowing they can't hurt you is the right way to think. I don't know the scenario in which you've been seeing these things but I was having really bad sleep problems for a couple years and I've been waking up half conscious (Sleep Paralysis) and when I woke up I swear to god that everything moving around in my room was real. I could see, smell, touch, and hear everything as I normal as if I was awake. What happened was sometimes if you sleep irregularly, the brain doesn't wake up completely and you can hallucinate bad. Or maybe it's not hallucinating. You seem pretty sure that they are real. I think that under the right circumstances you can unlock different parts of the brain and see anything. A good example is infrared light. If we didn't have infrared cameras to see it, we would never know that they were there shining brightly in our faces. Normally these things you're describing aren't seen by others so maybe all this attention is exciting them (If they are real). If they are after you, it would be extremely improbable that they could touch or hurt you because all that's happening is a couple small glimpses. You aren't fully in their plane of existance and they aren't fully in ours. If that doesn't comfort you then I would try to learn some self-defense or something. They're probably really cowardly things with nothing better to do. Just keep that in mind and try to get some sleep at night.

Say, did you notice that your legs are kind of long?