Have you heard that the world won't end?

Favorite Answer

I've heard Jehovah's Witnesses say that but I've read lots of bits in the Bible that contradict that. It speaks of the Earth being dissolved by fire and the Heavens also; then of God creating a new Heavens and a new Earth, in which righteousness will dwell. Jesus also said that Heaven and Earth would pass away, but His words would never pass away.

Science estimates that our sun will run out of fuel in approximately 4.5 billion years, Then it will expand to engulf Mercury and Venus, at which point Earth will be turned to a cinder. The sun will then collapse into a black dwarf after it has exploded. The scientific description sounds awfully like that given in 2 Peter 3:10-13!

• Nous

Just sit back and laugh at those that believed it would and their religion all the way through 2013 and beyond!.

Interesting question. It seems that it would be one of the few areas in which science and religion coalesce. It seems impossible that the world won't end.Given the measurable forces at work observed and tested, as well as the motif of a worldwide end throughout many of the most popular beliefs and faiths. I have not heard of the world existing without end, not until this moment. Good one.