Atheists, you sit down in a seat on an airplane, and the guy next to you introduces himself as a preacher ...?

... you're in for a cross-country flight. Which preacher do you want it to be?

No atheist even knows the name of a preacher that they'd not object to talking to?

Best Answer

Reminds me of this joke I once heard. (It wasn't a 10 y.o kid when I heard it though)

A guy was seated next to a 10-year-old girl on an airplane. Being bored, he turned to the girl and said, "Let's talk. I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

The girl, who was reading a book, closed it slowly and said to the guy, "What would you like to talk about?"

Oh, I don't know," said the guy. "How about nuclear power?"

"OK," she said. "That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow and a deer all eat the same stuff... grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

The guy thought about it and said, "Hmmm, I have no idea."

To which the girl replied, "Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don't know ****?"

• coin

in the event that they make eye touch with you, sure, you may introduce your self. you have the means to tell by utilising somebody's physique language in the event that they're open to you or no longer. i hit upon approximately 50% of the time those on airplanes next to you introduce themselves, or a minimum of have interaction in some form of friendly communique. i think of this is the well mannered ingredient to do.

The sleeping one haha!

Source(s): Joke college(drop out)
  • Mark

I'm sure I've flown next to someone who is a stockbroker who never talked about stocks to me. Why would you think a preacher would preach?

i would love if he read at least one of his "holly" books and be capable of defending his position with facts not with faith......

Source(s): experience at being heathen...
  • nobudE

A sleepy one.

depends on my mood, and the preacher's demeanor. Right now in my life I'm pretty brushed up on my roman catholic and LDS "facts", so If that person is looking for a friendly debate and is NOT going to try to convert my 11 year old...I think time will pass rather quickly.

One who will not preach to me because otherwise that would become a very unpleasant flight.. for him.

• o

I don't give a ****, I'm going to be listening to music.