Should I head to the ER?

Well since Monday my ear has been hurting, plus has been swollen.

Even down my neck, I did have a bump on my gum and as soon as I flossed it that bump (swelling) went away and this was Sunday evening and Monday my ear just started having problems. No liquid comes out.

I've used Tylenol which does take the passion away and when I take ibophren it does nothing.

I've also used earache drops, pain does go away but comes back within 25 min.

What is the problem?

Favorite Answer

I'm betting that it's actually a tooth instead of your ear. I had something similar happen to me once. The swelling went down my neck, was around my cheek, and I had an earache. I went to the ER and they said that it was in fact an emergency. If the infection had spread to my heart or brain, both which are close, it could have killed me. Scary thought right? They gave me a shot of antibiotics to get it started and also a prescription of antibiotics. GO! Do not stop and get your $200! Seriously go and make sure you're ok. It's not worth waiting to see if it gets better.

Source(s): experience.

This sounds very urgent. Especially if its been swollen for days now I suggest you go to the ER.

Goto the ER, to get checked out. It can be something small or big, let the professionals diagnose it not an internet fool.

Source(s): doctor