Atheists, scenario: You see a old friend who used to be an alcoholic with chronic liver disease...?

and a broken marriage, with a string of criminal charges and convictions, past prison sentences etc...

But this time you see him, neat, clean shaven, holding hands with his used to be ex-wife, and his mid twenties daughter holding his other hand.. and he looks like he has turned his life around...

You ask him..hey man..good to see you back on yr feet..how did you do that?

He smiles at you and says...I found my faith..I live only to please God now.

Would you?

A. Smile , but sneeringly despise him

B. Be happy for him

C Be jealous of him because you are still steeped in alcoholic addiction

D Ask him to show you how

E Just walk away shaking yr head and wishing life was not like this

• Ms V-
    Favorite Answer

F. I could just go home and be a total *** to strangers on a forum by asking questions like this

Or I'd pick B

There are obnoxious jerks on all sides of any issue. I find it ironic that the extreme christians and the extreme atheists tend to act very similar even though they are the ones proclaiming the hardest how better t hey are then the other. Being mormon I see both sides. I get the extreme christians telling me I am in a cult and going to hell and am not a christian, blah blah and then extreme atheists sometimes say the same thing with the additional you are brainwashed, have no education, moron, blah blah blah I think most people have their own views and beliefs, many are very strong and opinionated about them, but dont stoop to being obnoxious jerks. If a christian or an atheist is being over the top rude or obnoxious in their answer or question I will call them on it if I see it.

Why don't you just make one of your choices be that everyone has the right to believe as they want and leave it at that. I'm not an atheist, but that would have nothing to do with my answer even if I were. I would be happy for him no matter what I believed because he got well again. If you are suggesting that being an atheist caused him to sink into alcoholism, you are delusional. I know plenty of people who believe in God and are terrible alcoholics. I also know many people who go to church every Sunday morning after a Saturday night at the bar drunk as a skunk. What do you Christians or whatever you are say about that?

I would not even ask this question, "good to see you back on yr feet..how did you do that?" in the first place, do you know how asinine that would be?

All I would do and say, "Man *his name,* it has been so long, we should catch up. How about you guys come over for dinner?

Source(s): Atheist

B. Be happy for him that the Christian placebo is working for him.

I had a few friends like this with different God(s)/Goddess(es) turning their lives around. This isn't something new to me.

• o

I NEVER KNEW I HAD A ALCOHOLIC FRIEND wow. None because I don't go out, ever.

Be happy for him and his family. Some people need a crutch and there's nothing wrong with it if it's a positive thing. If he becomes a missionary or tries to spread that crap around I'd still be happy for him but maybe lose some respect for him that I still had when he was a chaotic drunkard.

B.

Pity him, because he's just swapped one hopeless addiction for another.

F. Be indifferent

Source(s): agnostic