Could I request a song to my church worship leaders?

I have just never heard of it and wondered if it's normal. I know a few songs where the words just get me everytime and they remind me of how awesome god truly is.

Best Answer

You can and should make such a request. Music ministers often get no feedback or input at all. The people who make the music most likely would want to know the songs that people most like to hear and to sing.

If people are supposed to sing at your church, but they do not sing very much, it could be especially important to the music ministers or music directors to learn what people really want to hear and to sing.

I am Catholic. All music used during a Catholic mass is supposed to be part of the liturgy. That essentially means that the hymns are a type of prayer. Unfortunately, the music director changes the songs so often that very few people get to learn the songs well enough to sing them. I think her intent is to make the music interesting, and so she uses new songs at almost every mass. The music all is appropriate, but much of it is difficult to sing. As such, it takes a lot of practice to learn it.

Talk to the people who make the music. They should be glad that someone actually cares enough to make a request. You might get asked to join a choir. Be sure you have a good answer to that invitation.

I am Roman Catholic.

Peace be with you.

EDIT: One of my favorite modern songs is "Christ Be Our Light".

Here are the words:

GospelSongLyrics.org: Christ Be Our Light lyrics

Longing for light, we wait in darkness

Longing for truth, we turn to you

Make us your own, your holy people

Light for the world to see.

Christ, be our light!

Shine in our hearts

Shine through the darkness

Christ, be our light!

Shine in your church gathered today.

Longing for peace, our world is troubled

Longing for hope, many despair

Your word alone has pow'r to save us

Make us your living voice.

Christ, be our light!

Shine in our hearts

Shine through the darkness

Christ, be our light!

Shine in your church gathered today.

Longing for food, many are hungry

Longing for water, many still thirst

Make us your bread, broken for others

Shared until all are fed.

Christ, be our light!

Shine in our hearts

Shine through the darkness

Christ, be our light!

Shine in your church gathered today.

Longing for shelter, many are homeless

Longing for warmth, many are cold

Make us your building, sheltering others

Walls made of living stone.

Christ, be our light!

Shine in our hearts

Shine through the darkness

Christ, be our light!

Shine in your church gathered today.

Many the gifts, many the people

Many the hearts that yearn to belong

Let us be servants to one another

Making your kingdom come.

Christ, be our light!

Shine in our hearts

Shine through the darkness

Christ, be our light!

Shine in your church gathered today.

About the Gospel Song Christ Be Our Light

The lyrics to "Christ Be Our Light" is by Bernadette Farrell.

You can here it at this website:

http://www.gospelsonglyrics.org/songs/christ_be_ou...

.

that is the mummy and father duty to deliver their little ones in the previous God, even if it truly is as a lot because the guy to seek His Kingdom. How many times do your examine your Bible? Do you sense as in case you already comprehend it? I performed bass and guitar on level in church, and operated the sound board, I lived with the pastor as a foster toddler, consistently part of the worship crew, and by no capacity part of the congregation, so I ignored the message a good style of the time. It replaced into merely until eventually I stepped off the extent and into the congregation that i replaced into waiting to initiate to understand, or maybe after that, i replaced into years figuring it out, establishing my suggestions to a theology and non secular study ranges in college, and closing my heart to God, i theory i ought to locate the solutions on my own. I lived a non secular life, and mostly exhibited biblical morals, yet i replaced into empty, and lonely without Jesus. i replaced into like an celebration from the myth of the sower and the seeds from Matthew 13. i did not get it. very last situation you want is a platitude like: 'search for His Kingdom' - yet once you've an pastime, examine the note on your own, communicate on your pastor about your situation, ask God for help. in case you do not sense top on level, step down for a lengthy time period. in case your mom has an situation with that, tell her you want to understand and sense God for your self in the previous you may lead His praise.

Mention the songs that lift you to the people who organize

the worship songs. They generally pray about the selection

if it's a church where the Spirit of God is active, and often

the songs turn out related to the word that will be preached.

I'm sure they will consider your sincere input.

At the Cross.

the Old Rugged Cross.

Amazing Grace.

• If you can not....... you need to find a true Church Home

You should request the song called "What Proof Do You Have That God Exists?"....I'm currently in the studio working on it...the mixtape will be on the streets in time for the holidays..put in all your Christmas stockings, kids!!

• ?

Yes. have a talk with them and see if they would consider using the songs you have.

• You May Not.

Source(s): I have decreed it so. If your god was truly so awesome, you wouldn't need to be reminded of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIE4xTp3Tw

Youtube thumbnail

That'll get the choir going.

you could....they may not do it, or they may