Is this a good idea for a non profit?

I have been overwhelmed since I was a teen(now in my late 20's) with the desire to open a business that would help women. My idea goes something along the lines of this.....I want to open a studio/shop where I provide training for women in the field of fine arts (something that will allow them tho express... show more I have been overwhelmed since I was a teen(now in my late 20's) with the desire to open a business that would help women. My idea goes something along the lines of this.....I want to open a studio/shop where I provide training for women in the field of fine arts (something that will allow them tho express themselves and something that they will feel proud of after completing, very empowering all around i hope) and we sell the work at the shop, local shows/craft fairs/farmers markets/etc. in order to help boost their income. I would also want the studio/shop to have a daycare section so that the women, and myself can work at ease knowing their children are safe and close by.
Is this a hopeless fantasy? Or is this an actually idea I could turn into a reality? I have a 9-5 pay the bills job...but it sucks the life outta me and I want to do more for myself and others...but I don't know where to start. If anyone has any suggestions, ideas, or constructive criticism, PLEASE comment!!
Thank you for your time.
1 answer 1