What would you ask/accept for a babysitting wage?

I am 16 and fairly experienced with kids. A woman I work with has recently lost her babysitter due to school sports/activities/ect. and has asked me if I would want to. I have accepted but If she asks, I don't know what to say for how much I want. Ususally I'm babysitting family members so the parents just... show more I am 16 and fairly experienced with kids. A woman I work with has recently lost her babysitter due to school sports/activities/ect. and has asked me if I would want to. I have accepted but If she asks, I don't know what to say for how much I want. Ususally I'm babysitting family members so the parents just give me whatever and I don't mind.
She has two kids: A girl, 2, and a boy, 4.
I usually bring things (coloring pages, puzzles, ect.) for the kids to do until I get used to the house and know what we can do. Plus I cook and most of the time try and clean a little.
So what should I charge? A friend from school said $2.50 an hour for one kid (So $5 an hour) but this is a lady I work with so I don't want to charge to much, plus I'd like to know what kids are charging right now and adjust my rate to that.
So, anyone willing to say what they pay for babysitters?
Thanks!
1 answer 1