What's the percentage of Americans who actually voted in the 2012 presidential election?

I was wondering the percentage of Americans who voted in the presidential election in 2012- I know American has 312 million people living in it- and lets take out 100 million to make up for the "non-vote crowd"-- so lets say America has 212 million people who are capable of voting, What's the... show more I was wondering the percentage of Americans who voted in the presidential election in 2012- I know American has 312 million people living in it- and lets take out 100 million to make up for the "non-vote crowd"-- so lets say America has 212 million people who are capable of voting, What's the percentage of these capable people who voted in 2012?? ---- and how many votes did Barack Obama win by???
Update: thanx geeble , looks like its a little under half, needless to say, i did not vote, did not like what was on my plate??!!!
4 answers