What would happen if I gave a cop this ultimatum for not issuing me a speeding ticket?

Let's say that I am pulled over for speeding.

When the cop is talking to me I say,

"Officer, before you decide to issue me a ticket, you should know I have a policy. Any time a cop issues me a ticket, I will call every pizza place, Chinese takeaway and restaurant of any kind in the neighborhood which delivers, and have the cop's house bombarded with food deliveries he didn't order. So if you issue me a ticket, I have two questions for you: What type of crust, and do you want an egg roll with that?"

Lol how would the cop be likely to respond

Best Answer

I think you should just try it and see how that works out.

I'm sure the officer will find it rather humorous while he writes you up for every possible violation with the maximum points. Or he might thank you for the warning and save his ticket for someone not as clever as you...

Let us know how that works out.

• Olwe

LOL, I would give you a vehicle inspection and issue a citation for every violation. Plus give you the ticket for the reason for the stop. Then if the food every came. i would know who called and have the delivery people drop it off at your house. But I would not get mad. I have never. But I have gotten even.

• Greg

You would get your ticket for speeding. If you make a phoney order, it is stealing from the pizza place. You can be cited for that. You can also be arrested and booked into jail for harrassment. You would be better off to just accept the ticket, or better yet, don't speed.

I can't speak for anyplace else, but in Arizona, that is Threatening and Intimidating. In addition, it is illegal to use a telephone to annoy, harass, threaten, etc. Not so funny now, is it, Bozo? Also, you would have to find out the officer's address, which is very difficult, which is why, for legal papers and reports, the officer's address is listed as the department he/she works for. Grow up!

Source(s): Former deputy sheriff/corporal

You would get the ticket for speeding, plus one for safety equipment violation (believe me, he will find one), possibly having your licence plate light out, dirt on your licence plate (he will find some), and possibly have your car impounded and searched due to the obvious smell of marijuana (he will smell some), and likely threatening and attempted intimidation. You would still have to pay for the tow bill for seizing your car (likely in the vicinity of $200). You sure you want to act like an immature idiot??

You'd be arrested for threatening a police officer.

• Hannah

The cop would say, "I'm calling your bluff because you don't know my home address."

• Depends on whether he/she has a sense of humour. This is funny though... someone screenshot!

• Max

He wouldn't give you a ticket. This is a smart idea!