Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Casey
Lv 6
Casey asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

An awesome meat loaf recipe ?

I know how too make meat loaf, Im just looking for something special ! Thanks !

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

So many meat loaf recipes call for all kinds of crazy things. I prefer to keep it simple and showcase the flavor of very good ground meat. First -premium ground chuck 80% - 20%. Do not buy your meat at WalMart. Their ground meat is so full of water and preservatives that it makes me sick just to think about it. I do shop at WalMart - just never for meat.

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees

2 lbs 80% - 20% ground chuck

1 medium onion - minced

2 cloves garlic smashed and minced

1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced

2 tbsp beef stock/broth

Mix by hand but do not over mix - it is meat not clay

Add whatever herbs you like - fresh - thyme, oregano, basil, dill, rosemary - take your pick.

Spray a loaf pan with Olive Oil Pam.

Gently form your meat into a loaf shape

Bake until meat draws away from the pan(1 hour)

I am not a fan of tomato gravy on meat loaf. I like a meat gravy. In a small sauce pan add 1 tbsp minced onion, 1/4 tbsp minced garlic, 1 cup beef stock/broth, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp Wondra flour. Whisk and reduce until the consistency of cream soup. Slice your wonderful meat loaf - plate and top with gravy. Note: add fresh or reconstituted wild mushrooms to the gravy for a BAVOOM.

LOL

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You grab your holy Jesus cross, grind it with salt, add pork and mix with basil. Don't worry about the cross. God isn't real. And it tastes damn good

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.