Casey
Casey asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

An awesome meat loaf recipe ?

I know how too make meat loaf, Im just looking for something special ! Thanks !

• ?
    Favorite Answer

So many meat loaf recipes call for all kinds of crazy things. I prefer to keep it simple and showcase the flavor of very good ground meat. First -premium ground chuck 80% - 20%. Do not buy your meat at WalMart. Their ground meat is so full of water and preservatives that it makes me sick just to think about it. I do shop at WalMart - just never for meat.

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees

2 lbs 80% - 20% ground chuck

1 medium onion - minced

2 cloves garlic smashed and minced

1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced

2 tbsp beef stock/broth

Mix by hand but do not over mix - it is meat not clay

Add whatever herbs you like - fresh - thyme, oregano, basil, dill, rosemary - take your pick.

.

Spray a loaf pan with Olive Oil Pam.

Gently form your meat into a loaf shape

Bake until meat draws away from the pan(1 hour)

I am not a fan of tomato gravy on meat loaf. I like a meat gravy. In a small sauce pan add 1 tbsp minced onion, 1/4 tbsp minced garlic, 1 cup beef stock/broth, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp Wondra flour. Whisk and reduce until the consistency of cream soup. Slice your wonderful meat loaf - plate and top with gravy. Note: add fresh or reconstituted wild mushrooms to the gravy for a BAVOOM.

LOL

You grab your holy Jesus cross, grind it with salt, add pork and mix with basil. Don't worry about the cross. God isn't real. And it tastes damn good