when in the hobbit does it mention the broken sword?

in the trailer it shows Bilbo approaching the broken sword. when does it mention that? i don't remember it and i have read the book.are they just putting like random stuff in the movie now?!?!?!?! and i found out that radagast plays a big part in the movie. in the book Gandalf only brings up his name once!!!! why do they not follow by the book. and they have this whole thing in the white council and Gandalf. they dont ever say what he did and who he talked to when he was there. they just said he had to go there do do SOMETHING. why are they just adding detail and not following the book???????? thanks. happy to speak to a fan of the hobbit :).

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

From what I understand, Jackson is exploring the battle with the Necromancer (which was taking place during the time that the dwarves were in captivity in the Wood Elf kingdom) and Radaghast, along with the White Council, was part of that battle. He is taking his information from the appendices in Lord of the Rings and excerpts from the Silmarillion. I think he's doing this to make up for the monumental destruction of Lord of the Rings in the eyes of many fans. Maybe if he gives the movie the attention that Lord of the Rings should have gotten, we'll forgive him for destroying Faramir, Aragorn, Gandalf, Frodo, Merry, Pippin, Legolas, and nearly every other character in the movies.

• 3 years ago

Relied on the sword and the tradition. For the period of wars sword scould be dished out many many at a time and weren't constantly the pleasant fine. I think that the Lord and ladies of olde often would were blissful to send the commoner armies out with simply shields but that might usually be unhealthy PR.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.