My friend convinced me that a guy asked me to prom?

Well my friend convinced me that this guy asked me to prom, i mentioned it to my other friend and she went and asked him, as you can imagine he said no. Now he is really really mad at me and hates me. i dont know what to do, i texted him telling him what happened but he wont relpy and im really worried that... show more Well my friend convinced me that this guy asked me to prom, i mentioned it to my other friend and she went and asked him, as you can imagine he said no. Now he is really really mad at me and hates me. i dont know what to do, i texted him telling him what happened but he wont relpy and im really worried that he'll tell the whole school that im "stuck up" ect. I feel really bad about it and dont know what to do. Please help? :(
Update: My friends are now saying that he is a **** in general and isn't worth ****, but even if that's true i still feel bad about it.
I was with him and he said "You have to go to prom now cause you're now my plus one" Which i presumed as jokey, then my friend was like, He asked you to prom.
Update 2: Apparently he's been saying to people that im a self obsessed, cutting short emo weirdo and that he's always thaught this about me.
I still feel bad about it though.