Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 7 years ago

14 year old girl physical/checkup?? Really nervous!!!?

K so I have to go to a physical exam in like - day or two and I'm so scared!! I am fourteen, I have had my period for like a year now, and I'm a virgin. What will they do??!! Will they touch my breasts or vagina??? Are they going to make me get naked!?!?! HELP ME!!

Favorite Answer

First of all CALM DOWN!! I had mine over the summer and this is what happened: I walked in and the nurse showed me to my room. She weighed me and measured me and then I rolled up my sleeve and she took my BP. Next she handed me a gown and said take everything off except for bra and underwear. I had my mom walk out for the rest of the exam and I changed into the gown. I waited on the table until the dr. came in. She walked in and we talked a bit about my health and periods and puberty/physical changes/sex etc. She looked into my eyes, ears, and mouth. She pulled out her stethoscope and placed it on my back. She unsnapped my bra and moved the stethoscope around my back and then proceeded to the front where she took the rest of my bra off and put it on top of my pile of clothes. The doctor moved the stethoscope around my chest and then had me lay down and lifted my gown to around my neck and felt around my breasts and squeezed each one. She pulled the gown completely off leaving me in only my underwear and palpated my stomach. She pressed around and then pulled my underpants down to around my knees and spread my legs. She felt my femoral pulses and spread my labia majora and minora to make sure everything was ok. She placed two gloved/lubricated fingers into my vagina and moved them around. She withdrew the fingers and pulled my underwear back up and she had me bend over and touch my toes. I got dressed and got my shots/EKG/urine sample. My vagina bled a little bit after the exam but it wasn't too bad

Source(s): X-pirience

Yes, Catey is exactly right. Usually during the physical exam, they check most parts of your body. That includes vagina, breasts, and rectum. But nothing to worry about, it's all professional and in a way essential to your health. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

They will weigh you, maybe check you vision, listen to your heart and breathing, and look in your eyes and ears. They may also do some blood tests or something. Drink plenty of water in case they do a urine test (it's painless, all you have to do is go in the bathroom by yourself, wipe yourself and pee in the cup).

They might want to look down there, but if you don't want them too, don't be afraid to speak up. (Do NOT change into any exam gown they give you; it will make it easier for them to try to look down there.) The doctor can't force you to allow them to look down there.

It's your body and your decision; you can do what you want. Don't let anyone else try to tell you otherwise.

They do all the normal stuff that they do for any child check up! They might just ask a bit more questions about like…Puberty and stuff, they also might check your breasts a bit more than when you were younger.

But, its just like all the regular check ups.

You get weighed, heigh, look in ears, eyes, nose, mouth. Stethoscope, blood presser. She'll check your backbone (touch your toes). She might do a reflex test (tap your nee), she'll feel your stomach, feet, face, collar bone, exc. She'll check your breasts. She might press/squeeze/feel them but it doesn't hurt, you just might be a little uncomfortable. She'll also touch the bone around you va***a and she MIGHT look in it/touch it. But she usually only feels the area around it. She'll look at your buttonhole. She'll ask normal questions about school/hobbies/friends exc. She also will ask about puberty/boys/s*x. Than SOMETIMES they do a urine sample (pee in a cup), Ear sample (put headphones on and listen), eye sample (see how far you can see), Blood test (prick your finger), and shots (prick your arm/leg/exc. But usually arm).

There you go! The doctor sees a lot of people so theirs nothing to be embarrassed about! Also, nothing hurts (accept maybe shots/blood test) but if you ask for freezing spray (which I always do) you don't feel a thing!

It is the doctor's job to check you over so he/she will do a quick check of dozens of parts of your body.

Most of this has nothing to do with our breasts or vagina.

• mote

14 Yr Old Girls Naked