Can i do my taxes here!?

I am fixing to move to Arkansas in about a month. The last job i held is here in Kentucky where i live now. When i move to arkansas can i do my taxes there without problem?

4 Answers

  • Bobbie
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    No real problem during the 2013 tax filing season for this purpose 1 1040 federal reporting all of your worldwide income from all sources and then nonresident state income tax return IF is required to be filed for that state using the instructions from that states website and forms and then your state of residence income tax return all of them to be done and correctly completed during the 2013 tax filing season.

    Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 11/12/2012

  • Judy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    For federal, you just file for the year from wherever you live when you file. But you will likely have to file a state return for KY, and also in Arkansas if you have any income there.

  • tro
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    sure, not a problem

    you will probably prepare two state returns, one a state and one a non resident state

    make sure you notify everyone you worked for of your new address so there will be no problem with the W-2's being sent to you

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    You will do part year returns for each state, not non-resident.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.