Ateists, in your experience; out of all of the atheists you've met (online and offline) ...?

... would you say most of them are agnostic atheists or gnostic atheists?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Tropos
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends on which god character is being referred to. The multiplicity of the term "god" is taken advantage of by believers in the Abrahamic faiths. To draw attention away from the absurdities of the Yahweh character. By throwing Yahweh into the same bag along with all potential god characters, implying that you must make a statement about the whole bag while only having information on the attributes of certain god characters therein. Many I know are gnostic regarding the Yahweh character, considering how it's described. But agnostic regarding the general term "god", because we can't say much about the whole bag, my keys might even be in there.

• 7 years ago

I'm not an ateist but I'm answering anyway. Most of the atheists I know are at least a little bit agnostic.

• punch
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Agnostic.

• o
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

I don't know, since I could care less about people.

And there isn't an agnostic atheist or gnostic, you are just an atheist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bast
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The majority of atheists, in my experience, are agnostic atheists.

• 7 years ago

Most of them are just atheists (just like me) haven't met must agnostic atheists

• Melkor
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Ateist? Is that misspelled Atenist or something, because I'm totally a follower of the Aten. Also, most of them are agnostic atheists. I mean, gnostic atheist? wtf?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Naw these atheists on here are really atheists I can tell by SOME of their hardcore scientific answers and their smarts for why they don't believe in god.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Labels are such a mess

• Nekoni
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

I can't tell which they are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.