Can a mute person work as a stock associate at a clothing store?

Well I am a young mute woman who wants to start earning her money and stops depending on SSI. Right now I am seeking for jobs such as Aeropostale Rue21, and Vanity. I just want to work part time because I am in College. My family is having trouble adapting my decision because of being mute. They are afraid of me... show more Well I am a young mute woman who wants to start earning her money and stops depending on SSI. Right now I am seeking for jobs such as Aeropostale Rue21, and Vanity. I just want to work part time because I am in College. My family is having trouble adapting my decision because of being mute. They are afraid of me getting criticized by customers. I realized communication is a huge issue with having a job, but like I said I wanna start earning my own money in other words I want to come independent within myself. The only problem I have is talking back, but I do hear. I understand English and Spanish I usually communicate with others by writing. And right now I am trying to see if medicaid will get me a computer that would speak for me.
Update: I want to work as a stock associate putting clothes in its place, folding, and cleaning the shelves, windows of the store, and taking the trash as well .