Layers of clothing,

Dry socks,

Strong shoes,

Cash and change,

Plastic sheeting,

A couple rolls of toilet paper,

Soap,

Cooking pots.

Think carefully about what you will be evacuating from and where you might be going, or where you may get trapped. A bug-out bag is a three-day package, not a long-term survival kit. It's role is to get you through a period of evacuation until you can get settled some place safer. In my case, it means getting away from where I am so I can get to another city where I can get to an ATM, rent a nice hotel room, make reservations at a good restaurant, and wait out the storm.

With that in mind, the most important part of your bug-out package is making sure you have enough money in your bank account to get through several weeks and enough money in your brokerage account to get through several months.

Think about where you are and what your risks are. If you live in a place prone to hurricanes and flooding, your bag should be designed with that in mind. If you are in an earthquake zone, your bag and your plans could be different. Test your plan and your bag by taking a "bug-out weekend" in which you simulate a disaster and see how well you survive.

• Celica
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Duct tape

First aid kit

A map

Compass

Lighter

• 8 years ago

first aid kit

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.