Sharing some strange/illogical things about handguns, ammo, and shooters?

Throughout reading, watching, and discussing information about handguns and handgun ammunition, I've found shooters claliming weird things that seem illogical...so, I thought to share some of these claims and events to know your opinion about them. I'd also love to read information that you found to be... show more Throughout reading, watching, and discussing information about handguns and handgun ammunition, I've found shooters claliming weird things that seem illogical...so, I thought to share some of these claims and events to know your opinion about them. I'd also love to read information that you found to be strange/illogical regarding handguns and other weapons. Here are some that I've read and saw:

1- When fired from Ruger Alaskans, the .480 Ruger kicks more than the .454 Casull.

2- The recoil of the .460 Magnum is nastier than that of the .500 Magnum.

3- According to handloads.com, the 9 mm FMJ has a higher one-shot stopping power than the .45 ACP 230 gr FMJ (70% against 62%).

4- Also according to handloads.com, the .357 Magnum 158 gr SWC has a higher stopping power than the .45 LC 250-255 gr LRN (78% against 71%).

5- In his Midway-USA videos, Larry Potterfield almost always aims better with semi-auto pistols than with double-action revolvers.

6- Even with double-action revolvers, Larry Potterfield almost always aims better with snub-nose revolvers (of barrel length 2 - 2.5'') than with 4 - 6'' barrel revolvers.

7- I have read it several times that shooters have complained that the recoil of the .357 Magnum rounds was worse than that of the .44 Magnum.

8- In a gun-country like the USA, the main beef the critics had with the "Dirty Harry" movies was his description of his .44 Magnum revolver being "the most powerful handgun in the world." The critics usually say that while Dirty Harry was being produced in 1970, the more powerful .454 Casull cartridge was made since 1959. My answer would be: Beside the fact that there were no famous revolvers made that could fire the .454 Casull at that time, there were two FATAL mistakes with Harry Callaghan's gun: First thing, is that while the uniformed cops were open carrying medium frame 4'' barrel .357 Magnum Colt Pythons, Dirty Harry in plainclothes was concealing a large-frame revolver with 8.375'' barrel! Another important thing is that "the most powerful handgun in the world" would logically refer to a hunting handgun (that would shoot wild boar or even black or brown bears); not a self-defense handgun used by a plainclothes law enforcement agent.

So what about the strange/illogical things that you've read regarding handguns, ammo, and shooters? Please share your experience.
Update: Russ in NOVA, I have a keyboard problem, so I can't copy and paste the link right now, but please go to this site: www.handloads.com and go to the stopping power of handguns and rifles. Yes, all are one-shot stop percentages.
Update 2: Russ in NOVA, I have a keyboard problem, so I can't copy and paste the link right now, but please go to this site: www.handloads.com and go to the stopping power of handguns and rifles. Yes, all are one-shot stop percentages.
Update 3: Shafter, thanks for your very informative reply.
Update 4: Shafter, thanks for your very informative reply.
Update 5: Russ, thanks for the addition. Your words make much sense.
Update 6: Russ, thanks for the addition. Your words make much sense.