BXK asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 9 years ago

What are some good Chinese horror films and/or comedies?

I need to find a few for a project I'm working on both comedies and horror films. If you could give a little insight on what the movie is about, that would be great too.

Favorite Answer

Most good horror movies to come out of China are often from Hong Kong. They are often involved in supernatural ghosts often seeking revenge or atonement for misdeeds against them or things that are tattoo in Cantonese culture.

I would check the following list at palisades tartan which specializes in releasing Asian films for the Western market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palisades_Tartan#Tart...

However, they also sell movies from the likes of Korea, Japan and other Eastern nations.