Any ideas on how to find out some information on a relative who served during WWII?

I would like to know if there are any good ways to go about looking up information on my great-grand uncle (Brother of my great grandmother) who served during WWII. I'm not entirely sure what years he served but I found a newspaper article clipping that mentioned he was in the Southwest Pacific war, having been... show more I would like to know if there are any good ways to go about looking up information on my great-grand uncle (Brother of my great grandmother) who served during WWII. I'm not entirely sure what years he served but I found a newspaper article clipping that mentioned he was in the Southwest Pacific war, having been overseas for three years. That he was an infantryman and later an engineer. It also mention he was on Luzon in the Philippines at the time of the article. That is all I can find on him, having not had luck searching online and newspaper archives. I don't know the date or what newspaper this article came from. I came across a site where I could purchase information on a veteran but I had to be the sibling, parent, or child (Maybe even grandchild) of the veteran. Unfortunately, he never married or had children so I don't know how to find out information on his service. Any help would be much appreciated!
5 answers