promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

No good female comedians?

I personally find female comedians very boring. I saw one on mock the week who was really funny (cant remember her name - a blond woman) but she is the only one I can think of that I have found funny.

I think this is because female comedians always seem to focus on the fact that they are women and so they cover the same things over and over. Jo brand for instance only makes jokes about sex, her husband, etc. Sarah Mcmillan another example..

I just wonder why I cant name any female comedians that make me laugh like russell howard?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

My favourites are Janeane Garofolo, Sarah Silverman, Kirsten Wiig, Amy Poehler, Heather McDonald, Ellen Degeneres, Miranda Hart, Catherine Tate, Jennifer Saunders, Dawn French. Trust me, all these ladies are funny.

(Yeah Jo Brand overuses the husband card)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • wehner
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i do not imagine you're sexist for saying that. I trust you. i come upon extra adult males humorous than women human beings. That being suggested, I said an particularly proficient comic (a lady) stay and he or she replaced into amazing. I choose i might want to shop in concepts her call now, although that is the in reality time I honestly have discovered a lady hilarious. I do locate Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Seinfeld) humorous, yet widespread adult males look the funnier ones as comedians and that i'm nonetheless uncertain of why that is. possibly human beings secretly imagine of ladies human beings because the extra smart ones in society. in my view, boys are given extra permission to act sillier than females as little ones. moms and dads assume boys to act rowdy, yet assume youthful females to act wonderful and correctly-mannered. That behaviour might want to translate into adulthood too. possibly human beings imagine adult males certainly act goofier than women human beings etc a level they are taken extra heavily as comedians. that is a good question you requested.

• GG
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

There arent many but here's my faves: Lisa Lampanelli, Sheryl Underwood, Amy Schumer, Whitney Cummings, Adele Givens.

• 7 years ago

there are funny women...sarah silverman, kathy griffin, joan rivers, kristen wiig...but I just can't sit through an entire comedy special by a woman or want to watch more than one.. they're funny in small doses.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

just for me there's one female comedian that i have personally known to me she's

Christy Murphy and she's my favorite stand up comedian

• 7 years ago

AMY SCHUMER!!!! SO FREAKIN FUNNY!! She had an hour comedy thing on Comedy Central... it was just HILARIOUS!! COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.