are the united states politically divided?

because the elections' results were so close, does that mean the country is divided politically or do you think, had more people gone to vote, the results would have been more diverged?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

When have we not been politically divided? I mean, yes, the election was extremely close, but the argument has always been the same: should the government be more or less involved? I think politically division is a hallmark of being a United States citizen. As to whether or not we will be politically intolerant of each other, only time will tell. It seems like John Boehner doesn't want to lead his party in the house to working with the president, even if Obama compromised with him. Republicans don't want to admit a Democrat president got anything done, just as Democrats don't want to admit that a Republican president got anything done, and this is gridlock at it's finest. Essentially, it's just that same as it has always been.

However, CBS should some survey polls showing that out of Obama's voters, there were more people enthusiastically voting for Obama, where for Romney there were few people enthused with him and more people saying they chose the lesser of two evils. In short, Obama is better equipped than Romney to rally us, even if by a small margin.

Theoretically, even with the people who didn't turn out to vote, the results would've been the same. The electorate actually statistically represents a pretty good sample of the population.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Because of the definition of full time employee under Obama care includes anyone averaging 30 hours per week. In addition to 1000’s of small companies laying off 1-99 employees, here is a partial list of large companies announcing layoff this week alone. numerous are also reporting 1000’s will have their hours slashed to 29 or less

”(4) Full-time employee

(A) In general

The term “full-time employee” means, with respect to any month, an employee who is employed on average at least 30 hours of service per week.”

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/4980H

Bristol-Myers—480

US Cellular--980 Jobs

Murrey Coal-156

Target and KMart- Numerous stor closings

Catapiller-100

Boeing--2500

RIMM (maker of Blackberry’s--

Westinghouse

Exide Technologies --150

Energizer--1500

Welch-Allen-275

Dana Holding’s—190

Strykerr Medical-1170

Medtronic Medical—1000

Smith & Nephew—770

Boston Scientific—1400

Coviden—595

Kinetic Concepts—427

St Jude Medical—300

Hill Ron—200

Abbot Labs—700

Target and KMart- Numerous store closings

Red Lobster, Olive Garden and LongHorn Steakhouse,JANCOA Janitorial, Kroger Grocery stores will cut back workers hours to under 29 per week

• 7 years ago

Unfortunately yes. We have been for awhile but ever since this election that percentage has doubled if not tripled significantly. I'd be willing to talk to a conservative to see their input on how Obama should repair the economy, but the only issue on their mind is Romeny lost, Obama won America is going to die BS

• 7 years ago

We're divided between two political parties that are almost exactly the same.

It's like fighting over whether chicken nuggets or chicken tenders are better.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

We are quite fractured, but one side is winning on the national level and I don't see that trend changing.

I know lots of Republicans who have had enough and left the party or at least vote Democrat. I don't know any Democrats who are voting Republican.

• 7 years ago

Well ther are sertain states that everyone assumes that they no who will win. Everyone assumes that California will vote for democrat and that Texas will vote for republican and stuff like that but ther are other states that are called 'swing states' that they vote differently each time soooo they don't know, like Florida. Does this help at all...?

Source(s): Had a class on it... U.S studies...
  • 7 years ago

No. It is geographically divided.

The Bible belt bigots

just don't get it.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Its always been divided.. -_-

• 7 years ago

LOL. Yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.