Is Windows 8 good if you do not have a touch screen?

Please answer that^ and this one if you can: Can I downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7?

Favorite Answer

Windows 8 actually has a lot of features that make it better than 7. Especially in the performance as another poster noted.

Having a touch screen is nice but it's not at all necessary to run Windows 8. The OS works just as well with a keyboard and mouse.

It's possible to downgrade but you'll lose any tech support if you downgrade a new computer so bear that it mind. I don't think you'll lose the manufacturer's warranty by installing a new OS but you might want to ask the manufacturer before downgrading.

Also it'll cost you. You'll have to buy full retail copy of Windows 7 and to a clean install of 7. That means that any programs that came with your PC will have to be reinstalled.

- Dominic

• Jane

I love Windows 8 on my laptop, even without a touch screen. It makes your start-up screen a lot faster, and generally, everything runs a bit faster. I like the easier access to the news, different programs, email, etc. It also looks nice. :)

I don't know if you can downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 - you probably will have to pay and reinstall Windows 7.

Windows 8 was build with a touch screen in mind. Microsoft trying to make more money. Keep windows 7 because many tech people say that windows 8 will be bad like vista was, so soon they will make a windows 9. You can also look at other operating systems like Apple mac or Linux like Ubuntu. There is more than just windows and we have options.

windows 8 is amazing and you should upgrade to it

everything runs fast and smooth on it

there is no lag no nothing

its also simple and easy to use

windows 8 runs faster than windows 7 does on the same computer

the whole os is also about you and its customizable to the way you want it

the new browser is amazing and very fast

you have an app store in windows 8 which is a huge plus

many of the important apps are present there

and thousands of apps are being ported everyday

overall windows 8 is amazing and you should upgrade to it

and yes you can but there really is no need to since windows 8 is way better than 7

hope i helped :)

tell me if you decided to

and if you got any question you can email me at spieleranswers@outlook.com

• There's nothing at all that makes Windows 8 better than Windows 7...

To answer your question - Yes you don't need a touch screen...but I wouldn't go with W8 in the first place.

To answer your second question - Yes you can

i tried win8 on non touch pc if you have a touck screen pc then get win 8 now if not then keep using win7 like me ;)

Source(s): Windows 7 FTW

Well yes! but if touch screen errors can be found!