Why do Reps want a do nothing Fed gov. that just collects tax's and leeches off the every day people?

The Government sure takes a bite out of our pay roll tax and many of us owe more at the end of the tax year . Plus the Federal and state governments tax almost every purchase we make . What - are we - renting this country from the Federal government ? I mean what do we really get in return for our hard... show more The Government sure takes a bite out of our pay roll tax and many of us owe more at the end of the tax year .

Plus the Federal and state governments tax almost every purchase we make .
What - are we - renting this country from the Federal government ?
I mean what do we really get in return for our hard earned tax money ?
The military is being replaced by very expensive No bid Contractors like Halliburton and Black Water.
And we really do not need to have troops all over the freaking world .
Update: There is in my state
And property tax a well .
Update 2: There is no welfare for the poor
Update 3: There hasn't been since 1998
Update 4: By Dan Froomkin Washingtonpost.com Staff Updated July 23, 1998 Welfare as we knew it no longer exists. The 61-year American tradition of guaranteeing cash assistance to the poor came to an end with the signing of legislation in August 1996. Under the old system, founded during the Great Depression, the federal... show more By Dan Froomkin
Washingtonpost.com Staff
Updated July 23, 1998

Welfare as we knew it no longer exists.

The 61-year American tradition of guaranteeing cash assistance to the poor came to an end with the signing of legislation in August 1996.

Under the old system, founded during the Great Depression, the federal government provided fairly uniform benefits to the nation's poor – mostly mothers and children – without regard to the details of their personal circumstances, and with no time limit.

But over time, the system became increasingly unpopular. Political opinion turned against the idea of anyone getting rewarded for being idle. Social critics said welfare was responsible for a permanent underclass of people living off government checks because the incentives to go to work were so weak.

Now, a federal system that was once fairly consistent has been turned over to the states, where programs are diverging widely. And it is far from clear whether the poor will be better or worse
Update 5: I am so Libertarian in that way I do not think we even need a Federal Government or their military
State Militia are good enough for me .
Either the Federal Government can give something back or seize to exist as far as I am concerned
Update 6: I would say move out here to the south West Foghorn but there is NO welfare for the poor here .
It is cheaper to live here though.