Motorcycle license plate and state inspection.?

A few years ago in the state of Texas, they require a motorcycle state inspectoin sticker to be displayed under the licence plate. Before you just had to have the inspection proof either in your wallet on on the bike some where.

Last year a friend of mine and now a few days ago we have had both licence plate and inspection sticker stolen off our bikes. Has any one else had this problem. Its seems it all started with the requirment of both registrations diplayed in such a way that they can be taken easily.

Best Answer

I had my whole bike stolen, was lucky enough that it was recovered, but when I got it back it had no plate or bracket...had to get the bike up and running again (thieves really screwed it up) went to DMV and got a new one, not even a week later the new license plate and the frame that had the inspection sticker on it were both stolen off my bike while I was at work. I was working in Waco, TX at the time. They steal it and put the plates and inspection info on stolen bikes so they look legit and can be ridden without drawing attention from law enforcement. I got a ticket from a lovely old ****** of a cop on my way home that very same night for not having a license plate and inspection displayed. I explained to him what happened while I was at work, and that there was no possible way I could've gotten a new license plate at 11pm but he wasn't listening. Anyway, went back to the DMV for another license plate and they told me they couldn't issue me another if it happened again, said I had reached the maximum number of plates I could be issued. My response? "Fine, I'll just take the one off your car while you're working so you understand that it was no fault of my own. Have a fantastic day."

Source(s): experience in Texas with bikes

When you have your motorcycle inspected you should get an itemized receipt which (I would hope) would have the make, model, and VIN of your bike as well as a pass/fail result. I know this is the case for cars (not to be confused with the register receipt). Nothing but a new sticker will replace the sticker or keep you from getting stopped by an officer; it should however go along way towards explaining your situation to a reasonable officer if you have that paper on you.

No As I don't have a motorcycle Gang And A Scooter ISNT a motorbike!! So Most If no longer all the Bikes In motorcycle Gangs will probably be higher Than Scooters And A Hell of so much rapid. Wait until Yhoo sincerely Legally Have a motorcycle, earlier than Yhoo become a member of A correct motorcycle Gang. Ride With Sum Of Yhoor Mates as a substitute reliable driving, anything Yhoo come to a decision To Do --Mikey B--

• Dan

The plate sticker and the inspection both rip when removed, taking the plate will get the year sticker but the inspection should just be vandalism. Doesn't make much sense, but...

Ft Worth

Install a motion detector alarm on your bike.

Google - motorcycle alarm

• Bill

Contact DMV and they can reissue.