_x_71
Lv 5
_x_71 asked in Science & MathematicsAgriculture · 7 years ago

Working on a farm as ....?

Hi, im not from the US but wanna spend a year there to improve my english skills and learn something about the people and the country. Im studying business management right now but wanna take a year off to see how the US really are. Was thinking about to work on a farm and do some honest but hard work before wasting my time with an 8 hour office job.

Are there english sites where i can get some infos about laws, job offers etc.?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Many people who are entry level low wage worker's in the US's agricultural industry do not need to speak english so this would be a good place to start. It would probably be very eye opening to get a job with hogs, dairy cattle, or turkeys.

• Login to reply the answers
  • tutino
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i comprehend somewhat some farmers and that i don't comprehend one which employs illegals, so i'd say certain, there'll be individuals interior the farm fields. (this theory that farm fields are merely jammed with illegals is a finished fantasy perpetuated through flatlanders and city dwellers east of the following.) in case you want to work out what an unlawful appears like, bypass go on your community emergency room. that's their well known carry-out.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Try googling it. Also go to county fairs, fiber festivals, farmers market, ect. to talk to different farmers. Also consider what types of work you want to do. Whether working on a cow dairy, beef operation, sheep or goat dairy, hog operation ect. Good luck and enjoy the US!!

Source(s): Farmer & 4-H'er
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

go for google to get the answers... all the best..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.