mkt

Which version of Adobe Photoshop should I buy?

First, why is CS6 so cheap now online?

Is it because 7 is coming out soon?

I have LightRoom 4 for my photo editing, i love it.,....but I can't do templates for cards, announcements, etc. So I need some sort of photoshop.

I do not know the difference between "Extended" & "Full". I don't know why I should consider one over the other.

Can you shed some light on this software?

• Stewy
    Favorite Answer

Do you need Photoshop, or is Elements good enough for you? Keep in mind that Elements is no slouch and is a serious alternative to owning the full blown Photoshop. I'd say pickup a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 for less than $100 on Amazon today.

• B K

Adobe Photoshop is not cheap!!!!! The full product costs $699 for Standard and $999 for Extended. What you are looking at is probably the upgrade price, or the education version, rather than the full product price. There's also a couple of subscription type purchasing options.

If you don't already have a previous version of Photoshop that is upgradeable, then you will need to pay the full price, or take out one of the subscription options.

Lightroom is no good for pixel level editing - it's not really an image editor - it's a photo processing tool that can only do very basic pixel level editing.

If you are just a regular person and not a professional, then all you need is Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 - it's only $119

If you don't own a previous release of Photoshop then you need the Full version, not an Upgrade version

Don't worry, Creative Suite 7 will not be out for a while yet. Photoshop CS6 is tops, and works together with Lightroom 4

Source(s): When Will Adobe CS7 Be Released? http://prodesigntools.com/when-adobe-cs7-and-cs6-5... What's the Difference Between Photoshop Versions? CS vs. Extended vs. Lightroom http://prodesigntools.com/difference-between-photo...

PhotoShop CS6 is not cheap, unless you are looking at the monthly subscription plan, or at people selling "dodgy" pirated copies - version 7 is not on the way yet CS6 having been only recently released. The CS6 versions of PhotoShop are all extremely powerful, far more than it sounds as if you need, I would in this instance be looking at having a go with the trial version of PhotoShop Elements before you do anything else.

Hi,

You can download photoshop here: http://bit.ly/1p33WbZ

I'm a graphic designer and photoshop is my loyal buddy when I am at work. It's the leading software for photo editing and I use it to for all my projects. With photoshop you can to edit images, retouch pictures, make photo collages, apply effects, filters, add frames, text, etc. It can be difficult to use it if you are a newbie, but if you just need to do simple editing (e.g. resize and crop images, change colors) it's still the best tool to use.

Cheers.

I agree with Betty, buy an older version, CS3 or CS4, unless you are running Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8. Don't bother with the Extended version, it's unlikely you'll need the extra features. However, make sure that you're buying a full version, not an upgrade, and that it's the correct computer version (Mac or PC). Most important of all, make sure the previous owner has deactivated it on their computer, which allows them to sell it, so you'll be able to install it. They'll also need to give you the serial number, tho' that should be on the box, or DVD case. Here's a link that goes over deactivation:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-deactivate-an...

If you are using Mac OSX 10.7 or 10.8, you'll have to use CS5 or CS6, earlier versions won't install, as they're not 64-bit clean.

HTH,

Dan

• Mindy

look for Photoshop Elements. It's a watered down version of the full software, but still pretty good. GIMP is open source and free, and kinda alright at editing. Or you can download it illegally, but totally for free.

CS6 isn't even a year old at this point. Go ahead and buy it if you want to. Extended edition has a few extra features including 3D and video editing.

1- buy CS6 from a REPUTABLE store

2- buy Elements from a REPUTABLE store

3- get theGimp for free.

i just got a product key from WindowsProfessionalKeys.com. it worked perfectly. i'm so excited to share my experience here.

their customer service is 1st class and I will definitely be recommending the site and I will be using the site again.