Why my dear brothers&sisters in Islam hate the Bible?

Qur'an 29:46

And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him."

Yes, it's corrupted. Not perfect. But you already know what the truth is, from the Qur'an. So why won't you read the Bible too? Do you think it will eat you?

You know, Islam IS perfect&complete, but the Qur'an does NOT contain many things which are very useful to know for a Muslim. Muhammad never came to bring us a NEW religion, he came as a prophet, to abrogate and correct. And he was the only non-Jewish prophet too, the rest of them did not even know Arabic - but God still loved&understood them.

Qur'an 42:13

He has ordained for you of religion what He enjoined upon Noah and that which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what We enjoined upon Abraham and Moses and Jesus - to establish the religion and not be divided therein.

So why aren't you paying attention and study the Bible too, instead of looking at it like it's some book from the devil that will eat your soul. How about opening your minds a little - the first steps are hard, but then comes freedom.

You should think about Ahmed Deedat's example. He was a very good Muslim and brought truth to the hearts of millions, exposing lies and additions in the Bible.

Read the Qur'an understand it, and then study the Bible too, stop being superstitious. It's the same God that speaks in it, you know - Allah, YHWH, Adonai, Elohim...

@james: What's wrong with you?!? I'm no Quranist, for once, I read the hadith, but I don't follow them like a drone. I have a mind.

What's Allah have to do with all of this?!? Allah existed before Muhammad, and adored by the Hanifa monotheists. Read. And God exists since well... forever! No human alive can be part to His glory.

@Fahad and others who try to shift this discussion towards the Sunnah:

- the Prophet is DEAD, and that is the truth. Nobody can follow Muhammad properly these days - we just don't know how. And anyway, Allah is ETERNAL and incomparably more important than any human that ever lived.

In the words of Abu Bakr:

"O ye men, whoever amongst you worshipped Muhammad, let him know that Muhammad is dead, and whoever amongst you worshipped Allah, let him know that Allah is Living, there is no death for Him"

There is NO WAY to tell any of the hadith are 100% true. So it's REASONABLE we would regard them cautiously, OK?

And this is about the Bible, not the Sunnah, and I am not a Quranist, although I respect the Quranists I've saw here, as they gave peaceful and thoughtful responses. All Muslims are ONE UMMA for me, including Shi'a, Sufi and Sunni and Quranists, and only Allah will judge between us.

@لا إله إلا الله I❤ISLAM: I never said you would have to "love" the Bible. By the way, the Bible led me to the Qur'an, so your assumptions are WRONG. I only suggested Muslims should read&study the Bible too.

And I live in a free country, with no crazy and homicidal imams or extremists to be afraid of. I can say WHATEVER I DESIRE.

• Favorite Answer

I 100% agree with you. The Quran says even Christians and Jews that are pious need not worry. The Quran says sects are Haram. The Quran tells us to call ourselves MUSLIMS. Not Sunni, Shia, Paki, Afghani or Quranist. Without thinking Muslims shout out "Kafir!" to whoever disagrees the slightest with them. Lets look at the example of Abubakr. Although he and Umar were almost opposites(Abu Bakr being soft and Umar being strict), Abu Bakr made him his successer.

The problem here is that many Muslims don't even study the Quran. How can one expect them to study the Bible. We are lazy and speak without knowledge. Some Muslims are arrogent and brainwashed by culture. A Muslim convert told me his best advice was to gather as much knowledge as possible, not just about Islam, but other religions too.

Asalamalaykum.

First of all, let me disabuse you of the notion that Mohammad was not a Jew. He was born a bani al Quraish Jew, inheriting his Judaism from his father - Abdullah bin Ali al Muttailib.

That is why he was circumcised and wore a yarmulke or the kufi cap. The reason why you Muslims circumcise is because of the sunnah where you imitate whatever Mohammad did blindly. If you wish to disagree, please show us any "Revelation" that speaks about circumcision.

That being said, let's go on to your claim that Islam is the perfect and complete "Religion". On what basis do you claim that this is so?

Only because the Koran says so is not a valid argument.

Please show me anywhere in the Koran where Allah tells you which ar the "corruptions" in the Torah, Psalms and Bible and who made them, when, where, why and how. After all, since you claim that Allah chose Mohammad to be the Warner, you would expect Allah to give him the "Revelations" about all the "corruptions", isn't it?

After all, your Allah has taken the time to say that He supplied women to Mohammad and even offered to "procure better women" for Mohammad and chastise the wives of Mohammad when they fought with him!? [Refer Surat at Tahrim, Surat al Azhab etc etc]

When your Allah could go and cheapen Himself to being Mohammad's wing man and supplied of women, don't you think that He would have had the time to attend to something far more important like the detailing of the "corruption" which should have been a cinch for the All Knowing, Almighty Allah.

So, please do let us all know why Allah couldn't do that in the Koran.

.

Actually we Muslims do not hate the Bible and also its followers We just say based on the Qur'an that Allah says the Bible was corrupted We do not want to read the Bible because we will waste our valuable time for something which is useless,except we want it just for comparing in a study

No need to waste Time money and effort to read corrupted work by greedy Men in power.

Yea ur right...its just that some bad Christians get on my nerve! They have the audacity to call the Prophet a pedophile!! Shame on them!

hu, Dear you didn't understand Quran pak perfectly, read Quran Pak again and then think , then you will n0t say Read the bible. . .

Crime, evil and misguidance should be viewed with discontent.

You can not love something which invites people to Hell.

Hope that is loud and clear enough for you.

And please, study Islam more.

Do not blindly make comments out of your own whims.

––––––––––––

It is not the Bible which led you to the Qur'an.

It is Allah سبحانه و تعالى‎ who led you to Islam.

I've read the Bible. I wish I had not.

It should come with a rated–R symbol.