is this a good computer for gaming?

Im currently looking for a computer to play games with, yet im new to the whole computer gaming scene and thus have no idea what i should look for. im limited to $500-$750 as of right now and i have found one computer at my local best buy that seemed pretty good. Heres the link to the page.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+IdeaPad+15.6%...

Any knowledge on the subject will be helpful.

Update:

any suggestions for my price range?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That computer has integrated graphics which means it will be pretty useless for gaming. Other than that the specs were good. Look for a computer with dedicated Nvidia or AMD graphics.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

i disagree i cant believe they are asking so much money for a hunk of junk.

Processor: i7 is pretty good with decent speed

Ram: 8 gb is good BUT speed is important to know I couldn't find it on the website

graphics: intel HD 4000, this is a bad graphics card for gaming. anyone who knows about graphics cards know that intel is no good. furthermore this graphics card is at the low end of the intel spectrum.

between a crapy graphics card and unknown ram speed you would be better off trying to play games on a 20 year old referred computer.

p.s. find a computer with an AMD hardware in it. (best for gameing)

• 7 years ago

Yes, this will be good.4mb cache is pretty good; and the i7 is adequate, although you will eventually need to replace it. But 8 Gigs of ram is plenty

Source(s): Expirience
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.