What is more dangerous, horse riding or riding motorcycles/dirt bikes?

I love horses, but don't ride, and I have ridden dirt bikes pretty much my entire life.

I recently had the opportunity to ride a horse at a family members house, and the horse spooked, and bolted. (You can imagine how that ended)

I didn't break anything, but I hit pretty hard, and realized that I don't think I've ever had quite the impact on the dirt bike, so what do you think is more dangerous?

Favorite Answer

I grew up on horses and dirt bikes and I had broke both of my arms by the age of six from horses. Not to mention the hundreds of close calls, but there is a thrill in a runaway that a motorcycle can't give you.

• Daria

I think it all comes down to experience really, if your good at riding horses then bikes are probally more dangerous, and Viceversa. But I feel the horse riding is more dangerous because your not in control, it only takes one thing to freak out a horse then for it to chuck you off, but experienced riders could probally deal well with a scared horse. Your call really.

Id say a horse. You have nearly full control over a bike. Not so much on a horse lol. Even well trained horses can freak out just as youve learned the hard way.

Horseback riding is roughly 4 times more dangerous than motorcycle riding.

A horse! Your riding a trained yet unpredictable animal as opposed to riding a machine that will do what you ask it too.

All depends on you, the horse, the bike, and where you ride.

Been kicked by more horses than I've ever been kicked by motorbikes.

Nothing against horses but they make better dog food than transportation.

Source(s): Own a gas-powered can-opener. Come, Here's Dinner
  • Bill

You have a lot more control on the motorcycle.

Anything with a mind of its own is more dangerous!

Source(s): Horses suck