What is more dangerous, horse riding or riding motorcycles/dirt bikes?

I love horses, but don't ride, and I have ridden dirt bikes pretty much my entire life.

I recently had the opportunity to ride a horse at a family members house, and the horse spooked, and bolted. (You can imagine how that ended)

I didn't break anything, but I hit pretty hard, and realized that I don't think I've ever had quite the impact on the dirt bike, so what do you think is more dangerous?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I grew up on horses and dirt bikes and I had broke both of my arms by the age of six from horses. Not to mention the hundreds of close calls, but there is a thrill in a runaway that a motorcycle can't give you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Daria
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I think it all comes down to experience really, if your good at riding horses then bikes are probally more dangerous, and Viceversa. But I feel the horse riding is more dangerous because your not in control, it only takes one thing to freak out a horse then for it to chuck you off, but experienced riders could probally deal well with a scared horse. Your call really.

• 7 years ago

Id say a horse. You have nearly full control over a bike. Not so much on a horse lol. Even well trained horses can freak out just as youve learned the hard way.

• 7 years ago

Horseback riding is roughly 4 times more dangerous than motorcycle riding.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

A horse! Your riding a trained yet unpredictable animal as opposed to riding a machine that will do what you ask it too.

• 7 years ago

All depends on you, the horse, the bike, and where you ride.

• 7 years ago

Been kicked by more horses than I've ever been kicked by motorbikes.

Nothing against horses but they make better dog food than transportation.

Source(s): Own a gas-powered can-opener. Come, Here's Dinner
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

You have a lot more control on the motorcycle.

• 7 years ago

Anything with a mind of its own is more dangerous!

Source(s): Horses suck
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.