are the 50 states all there?

There are 5 regions in the U.S., am I correct? If not, tell me the amount. Now, I need to know, are all 50 states represented in these regions? Explain. Oh, and why? Thanks, It's helpful!

Update:

Somebody just told me there were 6 regions. I'm so confused!!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The US Census Bureau designates 4 regions which encompass the 50 states and District of Columbia..

Region 1 (Northeast)

Division 1 (New England) Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut

Division 2 (Mid-Atlantic) New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey

Region 2 (Midwest) (Prior to June 1984, the Midwest Region was designated as the North Central Region.)[1]

Division 3 (East North Central) Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio

Division 4 (West North Central) Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minnesota, Iowa

Region 3 (South)

Division 5 (South Atlantic) Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Division 6 (East South Central) Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama

Division 7 (West South Central) Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana

Region 4 (West)

Division 8 (Mountain) Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Division 9 (Pacific) Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii

The US Office of Management and Budget designates 10 regions, and they include not just the 50 states and D.C., but also the outer territories:

Region I: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Region II: New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands

Region III: Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia

Region IV: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee

Region V: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin

Region VI: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas

Region VII: Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska

Region VIII: Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming

Region IX: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands)

Region X: Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Washington

There are physical regions as well, but those are not based on state boundaries.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Actually, there are 7.

The south Central states, The Rocky Mountain states, The pacific Coast states, the New England states, The Middle Atlantic States, the North Central states, and the South eastern States.

All are represented. Hawaii and Alaska are part of the pacific coast states. Sorry for all the confusion :/ but I'm positive i'm correct.

• 7 years ago

your correct to their being five regions. And yes all 50 are in the five regions. Alaska and Hawaii are still considered to be in the west region.

There are not 6 regions, there are 5. There is Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest and West.

• 7 years ago

I think you should explain to me what a region is? I mean, I don't know. Is it a country? Or is it a state. What is a country different from a state. Wait, what is a nation if America is the continent. Seriously, I am confused.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.