Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelLatin AmericaPeru · 9 years ago

Lima, Peru or Cordoba, Argentina?

I have to study abroad for my major. Which city is the best to visit? Keep in mind that I love nature and I don't want anywhere that is too touristy because I need to practice speaking spanish there.

Favorite Answer

Perhaps Cordoba, Argentina, because the savage Spaniards left Peru in horrible condition. Most of Lima is not very nice, although it has been improving in the last few years.

Miraflores (Lima) is a pretty nice place actually, and not like the rest of Lima.

Spanish in Argentina is spoken poorly because they have a horrible Italian-like accent. Peruvian-Spanish is the most standard form of the language you will find, and much better than Castellano. So, from that point-of-view, you would find Peru a better place to be. People in Argentina are also very arrogant and think they are superior to the rest (I know that because my aunt is from Argentina and she has that attitude).

When it comes to nature, Peru has much more to offer than Argentina. Peru has literally everything. Jungle, mountains, deserts, savannas, coast obviously. Almost every environment you could think of. Argentina does not have all of this.

It could go either way, actually.

*Drexler*: Argentina does not have as much as Peru. Peru has many environments, and climates. Argentina may have some, but not many. Plus, the people there are arrogant, rude, and they speak Spanish poorly.

Source(s): Proud Peruvian.

I've been to both, I think you should go to Córdoba.

Lima is really ugly, I don't want to be rude but it's a very ugly place with ugly people and Peruvians are not too polite.

I live in Argentina, in Buenos Aires but I've been to Córdoba as I said, that city is pretty nice but it's a city, there are no nature. If you want, you can go to the Sierras.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/92... And you can find landscapes like this.

Córdoba is not like Buenos Aires, here you can hear almost all languages, I everyday hear Spanish, English, Portuguese, Chinese, French, Italian, German and more languages. Córdoba is very touristic but not as Buenos Aires, also there are not too much foreigners living there.

Lima is out if you like nature because it is the most smoggy place I have been to in South America, Cordoba is the right way to go, pretty girls, good steak and food. But Argentina is more expensive than Peru.

Source(s): Been to both places. http://www.southamericanpostcard.com/
  • ?

In response to Mike, actually Argentina offers a wide variety of nature, from the subtropical lowlands in its north to the glaciers in the south... It offers the Pampas, Patagonia, the Chaco, a longer coast than the Peruvian one and much more....

• ?

Córdoba, en esta época es hermoso.

Saquéame la dicka sin tu tropa, ja ja ja.