Is this an appropriate rate/amount to charge for babysitting?

I've been babysitting for almost four years now, but I'm still always conflicted about what to charge people. As of this last week I've been babysitting four kids every day from 7 in the morning until 3:30-4 p.m. Two kids are from one family and two kids are from another. I was really unsure how much to... show more I've been babysitting for almost four years now, but I'm still always conflicted about what to charge people. As of this last week I've been babysitting four kids every day from 7 in the morning until 3:30-4 p.m. Two kids are from one family and two kids are from another. I was really unsure how much to ask for as payment, but I decided I'd charge ten dollars for each kid a day. That means $100 a week per family. To me that seems a lot, but then again I'm working 8-9 hours a day watching four children haha. Any suggestions or advice is welcomed and extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance!
1 answer 1