For Theists, Here's a Lesson on Evolution For You?

So damn sick of people trying to deny evolution, so I'm going to thoroughly explain as much as I can. Okay, before I begin, Evolution is ACCEPTED FACT. It is the basis of all modern biology. It isn't this wild theory or belief system, it is some of the basic groundwork of science. Anyway, here's a... show more So damn sick of people trying to deny evolution, so I'm going to thoroughly explain as much as I can.

Okay, before I begin, Evolution is ACCEPTED FACT. It is the basis of all modern biology. It isn't this wild theory or belief system, it is some of the basic groundwork of science.

Anyway, here's a story I frequently tell people to help them explain evolution:

Before the industrial revolution, there was a breed of moth in the area that was all white and speckled. They could blend in with trees very well, and survived for generations.

However, once the Industrial Revolution started, all of the smoke from the factories made the bark on the trees turn dark. Now, the white speckled moths were being eaten by predators easier! Their white coloring showed up against the dark tree.

Then, a completely random genetic mutation occurred. It wasn't PLANNED to adapt, it was just a random little variation in genes. This moth was born all black. He could blend in with the trees well, and he survived long enough to reproduce. Soon, there were more black moths.

The moths that were white didn't usually live long enough to reproduce, because they didn't blend in with the trees. The black moths, however, DID, and eventually, the species became all black, because the white ones died out, and the black made up the majority.

So you see, THAT is evolution. It is a completely random change that occurs, and if it happens to help the creature to survive, it can become a dominant gene that changes the entire species over a long period of time.

Hope that helped... If you have any responses to this I'll add replies.
Update: @FireFromAbove That's exactly what evolution is, you idiot. It isn't a magic button in your brain that makes you grow a new body part every few hundred years. It's when variations in a species grow to dominate more of the population. It's funny how you even admit that you deny even such basic... show more @FireFromAbove

That's exactly what evolution is, you idiot. It isn't a magic button in your brain that makes you grow a new body part every few hundred years. It's when variations in a species grow to dominate more of the population.

It's funny how you even admit that you deny even such basic science that has been proven...
Update 2: You guys were right... These people will lie through their asses.
Update 3: I should have named this to be against creationists, I guess.