Bounced payroll check?

I worked at this daycare as an after school teacher for a few months. A month ago my payroll checked bounced. I quit my job because they demoted me and gave a lot of excuses about my work performance. Which was not bad at all. They just wanted to put an family member in my spot because they had me train her in my... show more I worked at this daycare as an after school teacher for a few months. A month ago my payroll checked bounced. I quit my job because they demoted me and gave a lot of excuses about my work performance. Which was not bad at all. They just wanted to put an family member in my spot because they had me train her in my room the day before I quit. Well today I receive a non sufficient funds letter from my bank. The letter states that my payroll check that I cashed at my bank last week bounced. The first time this happened the owner gave me the money cash. I have two more checks that I have to pick up from them. One that I did not pick up last week because I quit and one next Wednesday for my last week. I really do not want to talk to them but I know I will have to. I found a new job and its starts tomorrow. I don't know too much about payroll. But why do the checks bounce all the time. Im upset because my bank deducted the check amount that bounced out of my account.
2 answers 2