Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

If the GOP is smart, will they get Marco Rubio to be their new face?

11 million Hispanics voted yesterday, me being one of them. While I didn't vote for Obama, around 70% did and that speaks volumes.

Right now, the GOP is the party that clearly represents non-Spanish speaking white people the most. However, is the GOP ready to embrace Rubio?

Rubio is a white Hispanic, so the best case scenario would be that the South may be alright with him since he's a Cuban who's pretty much 100% Spaniard. However, the worst case scenario might be that the Evangelical Southern voters could get turned off just by his name and for being Hispanic in which they will not like him at all.

Will the GOP nominate Rubio in 2016 or will they be unable to get pass their biases in the Confederate states?

@Ebony: Not all Cubans are 100% Spaniard, but it's pretty obvious that Rubio is. All the rich Cubans were the ones who escaped to America. Most of the poorer ones (AKA the blacks) stayed in Cuba.

Favorite Answer

The GOP public is. The so called establishment GOP had better get ready. I and my fellow Texans proudly voted in Ted Cruz as our next Senator. The time and mentality of The Confederacy is over in Texas. It's last remaining vestige is the pride of statehood as a separate and equal entity to the Federal government. Combined with the ornery will to stay Free people. Perhaps the very best parts of what The Confederacy was.

This election will set off a chain reaction in the GOP. We have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last six POTUS elections. The problem rests with the establishment hand picking our candidates. Our lack of clearly stating that our party is best for the common working man and woman. We allowed the Dems to tattoo the GOP as the party of the rich. Which is true of the elites of both party's.

Your fear for GOP public hesitance is unfounded. More evangelical Christians and Catholics voted for Romney than did for McCain. If, they can get past Mormonism? They can embrace men like Rubio.

Lets work on communicating our values better and establish the worth and definition of E Pluribus Unum, Liberty and In God We Trust. The establishment GOP time is now over.

If republicans like me get their way then yes Rubio will be a leader in the party. But I don't really know. This election will start a GOP civil war within the party for the direction of the party. I hope the moderates will win.

We will see what we see I guess.

the first party to offer hispanics citizenship to illegals will get the hispanic vote. how about 6 months and 200 hundred dollars per person. no games--go to the post office. if the gop does this then they will win.

"Cuban is pretty much 100% spaniard?"

really?

Cuba is a country, just like north America...so how can a "Cuban" be a spaniard? Some Cubans are dark brown, of african descent...are they still "spaniards?"

Source(s): frucken morons on yahoo tonight...its embarrassing!

The only hope the GOP has is a bond crisis under Obama.

The GOP should understand, it wasn't the "face" that got defeated yesterday. It was the platform behind the "face".

Not if they're smart. Sorry. Julian Castro is the Mexicans hope for a new America. I like him and i am not intimidated we will not count with them. Its not my world alone. Its big enough for us all.

• Steve

It's too early to tell, but he's the front runner right now. At this time is not even know if he will run or not. I hope he does.

• Fan

They will rerun Mitt Romney, or run Karl Rove. FACT.

Heck at this point, they may just decide to run George. H. W. Bush.