Which talent agency should I choose?

I am a 16 year old male and I have been wanting to be an actor since I was a little kid. I do every play and musical my schools have to offer and have been looking for a way to get into commercials and tv/film. To do this I know it's important to get an agent so I went to SAG.org to find agencies in chicago. Of these talent agencies which would be best suited for someone like me do you think?

Actors Talent Group, Inc. Television/Commercial - Adult

Ambassador Talent Agents

BMG Talent Group Full Service (All Ages)

Baker & Rowley Talent Agency, Inc. Full Service (All Ages)

Big Mouth Talent Full Service (All Ages)

Charlie's Talent Agency Full Service (All Ages)

DeSanti Talents Inc Full Service (All Ages)

E T A Inc Commercial (All Ages)

Emmrich Agency, The Full Service (All Ages)

Encore Talent Agency, Inc.

Ford Talent Group, Inc. Full Service (All Ages)

Gray Talent Group, Inc. Full Service (All Ages)

Grossman & Jack Talent, Inc. Full Service (All Ages)

Hamilton, Shirley

Kimberly Katz Talent Full Service (All Ages)

Lily`s Talent Agency

Naked Voices, Inc. Commercial - Adult

Paonessa Talent Agency LLC Full Service (All Ages)

Stewart Talent Management Full Service (All Ages)

Favorite Answer

In reality it's more like an agency chooses you and not that you choose them. You can't just go out and hire an agent - that's not how it works. Agents are paid a percentage of what their clients make (never pay an agent up front). Since they're paid only if their clients are paid, they're picky about who they take on as clients. And then can afford to be picky because there are a lot more people wanting to be actors than there are parts. So there's a good chance you could submit to all those agencies and none of them will contact you for an audition.

You submit to an agency usually by mailing in your professional head shot and acting resume listing your acting training, experience and special skills. The websites of the different agencies will contain details. It's helpful if you have the actual name of someone at the agency (it's a little more likely that someone will actually look at it). Then if the agency is interested in you they'll contact you. It's considered unprofessional if you call up an agency and try to get them to see you or answer questions about the industry or things.

Make sure you (or your parents) have a good understanding of the business end of acting. There are a lot of scams and ripoffs out there. If you want to work professionally someone is going to have to understand the various contracts in the industry, how the entire casting process works, the legal issues involved, what actor's unions are and when (and if) to join. That's going to take some research.

Good luck.

Only The Talent House has a web page that I can find. So I like them better. But agents do not make actors out of non actors,nor careers for actors, They just get actors auditions and the actors have to get the jobs. There was one guy who listed as an artist with Creative Drive that is internationally known. You may not get to choose. What is neither wants you? You don't really have to tell an agent that you are no longer interested, just cancel any appointments you may have and don't communicate with them

• kizzee

Kimberly Katz Talent

The Kardashians Theatre House

Worry about experience not agents. While you typed that you could be searching for

Jobs

Mcdonalds sandwich artist group