The results in Maine and Maryland broke a 32-state streak, dating to 1998, in which gay marriage had been?

rebuffed by every state that voted on it. They will become the seventh and eighth states to allow same-sex couples to marry.

In another gay-rights victory, Minnesota voters defeated a proposed constitutional amendment that would banned same-sex marriage in the state. Similar measures were approved in 30 other states, most recently in North Carolina in May.

"The tide has turned — when voters have the opportunity to really hear directly from loving, committed same-sex couples and their families, they voted for fairness," said Rick Jacobs of the Courage Campaign, a California-based gay rights group. "Those who oppose the freedom to marry for committed couples are clearly on the wrong side of history."

Anti-gays/bigots are on the "wrong side of history" Thoughts?

State whether christian or atheist/agnostic.

Favorite Answer

People trying to prevent equal rights for gay people are the same types that tried to prevent equal rights for women and before that tried to prevent equal rights for black people.

Historically those types of people are nothing new. It's just sickening that even today people still don't understand this.

@mimi: Do some history research. America was always secular. It's only since the Cold War that religious nut jobs have managed to force their religion into every nook and cranny and then try to simply claim that this nation was always a "Christian nation". Which is not true and is even specifically stated in government documents like the Treaty of Tripoli. Look it up.

Hey! You forgot to mention Washington! The legislature passed an act allowing same sex marriage this last year, but it went to the people last night, and the people unheld the legilsature's vote. So...let's not leave my home state out of the glory, shall we?

I absolutely agree that those who are seeking to deny homosexuals equal rights to marry (among other things) are on the wrong side of history. In a decade or two, kids will be asking how Americans could have been so horribly discriminatory.

They are certainly on the wrong side of history. :)

The only thing I fear, is that there will be an ultra-conservative backlash some where down the line over the decay of American vales or some such non-sense. Not just over gay rights, but liberal social policy in general. We also saw some states legalize recreational MJ, look out for the apocalypse.

Gay marriage has been legal in Canada for some time. I find it funny that many anti Obama people in the US, said they were going to Canada.

Polls in Canada said over 80% of Canadians were for Obama

We have gay marriage

We have had health care for a LONG time

We have no death penalty

We have no nukes.

we have a tough gun control

abortion is between a woman and her doctor

Wisconsin Democratic Representative Tammy Baldwin made history on Tuesday with her election to become the first openly gay U.S. Senator,

I am Christian.

• Mimi

It's proof that America is becoming more secularized. It's no surprise at all. America will never be the same. The power-house with a strong economy and strong allies is no more; those days are gone.

Edit: @the Joker: Obama is the first President in American history to endorse same-sex marriage. What do you not understand about "MORE secularized? Read before you rant please.

its interesting considering maryland is the blackest state in the union and blacks generally opposed gay marriage 4 years ago.

Wrong side of history? Perhaps. We are on the right side of God, AND morality. Whats truly hilarious is that you are begging for permission to "love" someone. The part thats funny is that you are completely oblivious to how stupid that makes you look. John 10:10 God Bless

Source(s): Jesus saves

So what? Since homosexual "marriage" is impossible by definition, it doesn't really matter whether it is "legal" or not. Legalizing flying cows won't enable cows to fly in the real world.

American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language: "marriage" - "the union of a man and a woman as husband and wife". That's what the word means in the English language. Therefore anything that does not meet the definition is not "marriage". That's why we have definitions and dictionaries.

Photographic evidence...I knew batman was gay!

Sue me, Jew me, Kick me, Kike me!

Now you gotta Bite Me!

Source(s): How can you write and talk so much with sausage in your dumb mouth? Nigga you krezy