College Acceptance rates. What do they mean?

When choosing colleges what acceptance rates should I be looking at for safety schools, reach schools and good match schools?

I just see percentages and Im kind of confused.

Best Answer

Examples of mine(I know this through college board.org every college is in there GO VIST IT IF YOU SERIOUS ABOUT COLLEGE) from searches on college board. Arizona state acp rate is 89%(safe school) university of Oregon 72%(moderate selectivity = kinda safe) university of Florida 45% (selective reach school)

Source(s): HS senior that knows allot
  • Aya

The percentage tells you how many people who apply are accepted. The lower the percentage, the more selective the school is and the harder it is to be accepted. I'm not really sure how that's confusing.

Acceptance rates are just the percentage of applicants that actually get into the college(: and as for the rest you can lookup the location and there are website that compares colleges for you.

They don't really mean much.

Colleges can have comparatively low acceptance rates for a lot of reasons: from getting a lot of applicants because it's a popular school yet don't have the space to take them, to being really tough schools that get a lot of applications from students that don't meet their minimum admissions standards.