Are you very philosophical or practical..?

i could be both..

sometimes when i think about things, i think very philosophically, what this means to me..what life actually is and how we should just accept it etc. but in certain situation, i HAVE to be practical, or i won't get the job done. i just think about it.. i need to ACT, do something.. see an outcome.

Best Answer

During the day, I'm practical.. you could say I'm like on automatic mode.. I get up, go to class, write everything down.. go to the library.. work on essays.. I get to read so many things, I have to be objective.. I have to absorb all the information..

During the evening, I get philosophical.. I get to think about things.. things that are troubling me.. things I find important in life.. how little every human being actually is.. how fast life goes by.. most times I do that while I lie in my bed.. with the curtain a bit open on the side, so that I can see the stars and the moon..

Hello there. You say 'i am commonly satisfied that philosophy has no worth external the realm of ethics.' I probably incorrect right here however does this endorse (a) you believe philosophy does have worth inside of ethics? (b) you would like an reply which is a non-ethical philosophical argument? It would rely on your 'philosophy', I suppose, but you would keep in mind the next for starters (are trying it for measurement): 1. Philosophy has no worth outside the realm of ethics. As a consequence 2. Ethics is the only thing valued at caring about. (You didn't say the argument had to be a excellent one, just that it must have 'practical utility as opposed to refuting different philosophical arguments'.) If, in all likelihood, you might be looking for a strictly 'non-moral' argument, I suppose you will to find it difficult to seek out one among sensible use, if handiest on account that whatever is of functional use tends (from a particular philosophical standpoint) to be a part of ethics - through default.

I'm 99% philosophical.

Although I'm not familiar with the word 'practical', so if it means "telling people what they want to hear". Then I'm 1% practical and I'm usually practical when I want to get something and manipulate someone.

• I'm philosophical, in lots of respects, but in the end, practicality wins out if there is a conflict.

• Sound

it all depends on the situation.. when Im sad usually Im phiolopshical trying to convince myself that this the way life is not everyone will have riches or high mental capacities or a quality that stands out.. Im pratical when Im focused to get something done because if I dont something bad will happen

~~~ Philosophy is 'critical thought'!

(Obviously you didn't know!)

That seems rather practical to me!

Critical Thinking Mini Lessons

http://www.skepdic.com/refuge/ctlessons.html

Bertrand Russell on Critical Thinking

http://www.bu.edu/wcp/Papers/Educ/EducHare.htm

Practical ,but mostly rely on philosophy lot.! like cat on the wall , be on both sides depending on the problems and needs .. .

Practical. Because I think when you dream, you get nothing done. That's just me :) Im all for dreamers though

Cheers

practical but sometimes also philosophical

Ditto,but will always end up where I feel it,and resonate.