Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 7 years ago

Controlling my Acne: What am I doing wrong?

I'm a male 18 year old, with mild acne. I don't get major break outs, but my face (no where else on my body) gets blemishes on a regular basis and this has been since I was 15 or 16. I've used a number of products and remedies (listed below) and none of them work.

What am I doing wrong?

I've used...

1. Proactive

2. Clearasil Daily Pore Cleansing Pads

3. Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser

4. Neutrogena All-in-1 Acne Control Facial Treatment

5. Neutrogena All-in-1 Acne Control Daily Scrub

6. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

7. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner

8. Clearisil Perfectawash

9. Witch-hazel

10. Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Medication Gel Maximum Strength

11. Baking Soda mask (I've tried this with warm water, lemon juice, and oats)

12. Egg white mask (I've tried with just the egg whites, and with lemon juice mixed)

I've tried each of for a minimum of 3 months at a time without success. I saw little to no changes.

And for the past 5 months, I've been drinking at the least 2 or 3 bottles of water consistently. I eat fried foods, but not that often.

I'm definitely tired of spending money on products that don't work (for me). What am I doing wrong, and what's my next step?

I notice everything you've tried is very drying to the skin & if you don't have very oily skin then these products will cause more breakouts not less.

since your acne is mild, you may have sensitive skin & you may need to use a gentle cleanser & only spot treat w/ a beta hydroxy product as needed instead of treating every day.

1. clean your face twice a day w/ a gentle cleanser

a glycerin bar (those are the translucent amber soaps)

castille soap (that is an olive oil based cleanser that comes in bar or liquid form)

or Cetaphil.

2. beta hydroxy spot treatments.

this is a product w/ a 2 or 3 % solution of salicylic acid (that's asprin) as it's active ingredient (sometimes the ingredient list will call it willow bark extract) you'll have to read the ingredient list. sometimes they are sold as pore refiners. you want the type that you leave on & not wash off.

after you've cleaned your face then you will apply the beta hydroxy product only to the spots not your whole face. if you feel a pimple starting to form then you treat it right away & it should be gone in a few hours or by the next day.

this treatment of gentle cleanser & only treating the spots should show you results in one to 2 weeks time.

If it doesn't then you may need to see a doctor because the acne could be the result of vitamin or mineral deficiency (vitamin A & zinc often help acne---eating more orange & yellow vegetables & fruit will give you more vitamin A & eating more seeds like sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds or nuts like pistachios, almonds, walnuts, & peanuts will give you more zinc)

• Kelly

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice cold water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to �double bag' your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

The secret is never to touch the spots

Tips on how to treat acne and achieve perfect clear skin in as little as 7 days?

Niacinamide face cleansing pads are an effective and simple way to keep acne away. Just place a pad on the pimple and watch it fade away. Lavender Oil helps prevent skin drying. Niacinamide also helps diminish skin-hyperpigmentation (acne scars)

Niacinamide pads are also known as Vitamin B3 pads or Nicotinamide pads. Works on body acne too.

Give them a try and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Use Regular bar soap! If you are active a lot always keep your face clean, wash your face in the middle of the day, dont pick or pop your pimples and dont stresss out over it! Bar Soap is proven to work better then all that Proactive junk!

Discuss this with your doctor.

Mine told me to drink tomato juice and take vitamin A.

They both worked

These 2 videos give the best tips on getting rid of acne, hopefully they will help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgJgD1P_TLU

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtl-1Kn8Gps

Youtube thumbnail