I am planning a 1 week long Smoky Mountain Christmas trip. Any suggestions of places to stay/see?

I am from Mississippi; considering beginning the trip by driving to Lynchburg Tennessee, maybe hitting up Kentucky for whisky tours, and then driving to Chattanooga and through North Carolina/northern Georgia. Prefer to not stay in hotels; would like to stay in cabins/camping. On a budget as well

The first person that answered reminded me: I would not like to stay in a tourist trap! haha. I would prefer a small cabin in a secluded scenic area.

Best Answer

You are kind of driving all over the place and backtracking. Here is my suggestion:

Take the Natchez Trace from MS up to the TN line, then head over to Lynchburg to visit Jack Daniel Distillery. You might also visit George Dickel Distillery in Tullahoma, since you are in the neighborhood. Download the TN Spirits & Wine Trail at http://www.tnspiritsandwinetrail.com/

for other destinations. If you want to camp nearby, look at Tims Ford State Park. See

http://www.tn.gov/environment/parks/TimsFord/ for both camping and cabins.

Then head toward Chattanooga for some sightseeing then over to the Smokies. A few places you might want to look at staying are Amicolola Falls State Park in north GA, Townsend TN, or Cherokee NC. They are non-touristy, but close to lots of things to do. For a cabin in Townsend check with www.townsendviewrentals.com but don't wait too long because it is a busy time of year.

Save the distilleries in KY for another trip. Enjoy your week off, not driving all over the place.

Source(s): former travel agent in that neck of the woods
  • coats

honestly because it type of feels trekking and surroundings might want to be your element. might want to I advise that you commence and end your opt for holiday at Montreal? Toronto to Montreal by technique of vehicle is 4 hours, 3.5 in case you do not end for some thing (I emphasize, some thing) and omit the radar traps. Ottawa and Niagara Falls also will be more beneficial than 2 days once you upload in shuttle time. in case you hit the Toronto area on the incorrect time (rush hour) it may upload a million to 2 hours to the holiday. i'm guessing that you're arriving by technique of air. Have a good holiday and convey a great number of movie or reminiscence playing cards.

Try Aunt Bugs Cabins, they have a website. Great private cabins, but you should hurry, they book up quick at this time of year.