What is the cheapest way to get from Virginia USA to Birmingham UK?

Would it be cheapest to go directly or should I go to New York then go to Birmingham? or is it cheaper to fly into a near by area then take a train to the UK?

wow first person to answer was just a jerk. by near i mean any ******* country that is near that i can transport over to the UK form there .

What i was asking is is it cheaper to fly to a different airport in the UK or a near by country or anything if you include the price of transport by other means in there as well. I am asking because there isnt exatly a site i knkow of that makes this easy to look up multiple locations and methods at once. I am just asking if anyone who has done it themselves knows.

This IS Yahoo ANSWERS not Yahoo Im Gonna Ask You To Look It Up Yourself isnt it????????

Favorite Answer

It's usually cheapest to fly to the nearest large city airport to your destination, which in this case will be Birmingham Airport.

If you travel to another destination first and then transfer, it's almost always more expensive, and will take considerably longer, especially if that first destination is in another country.

For example, you could fly to Paris, France, and then take the train to London, via the channel tunnel, but then you still have to get another train or coach from London to Birmingham.

To get to England from mainland Europe you have to either fly, take a ferry or the train through the tunnel, and all of these will cost extra.

I'm not sure of the current flight situation, I have flown from Birmingham to New York, but the last time I travelled to the USA I flew from Manchester to Philadelphia because the flight times were more convenient.

I'd guess that the cheapest (and quickest) option may be to take an internal flight from your local airport to one that can fly you direct to Birmingham, or another English airport.

Source(s): Personal experience going the other way.

Gosh, after reading these solutions I had no notion that UK folks have been such anti-US snobs! Can not write a good sentence! Indeed!What number of of you the usa "bashers" have really been right here? I notion so. Anyway, to answer your question, without figuring out you, i would warn you to consider twice before making the "jump". The foremost trouble I think you might have, rather than homesickness, is adjusting to the climate in Florida. In the winter, it is fine however our summers are long, sticky and scorching! You will ought to are living in airconditioning in both condominium and auto for roughly 7 months. If this is not a crisis, I feel you possibly can benefit from the "laid again" tradition right here. There's a lot type, even in our state on my own, that you wouldn't get bored speedily if you are cell. You may have the funky Keys islands, internationally flavored Miami, rural deep south in the inside, touristy Orlando and certainly gorgeous white sand shores on the Gulf of Mexico. No place is Florida is greater than 71 miles (I don't know what number of km's!) from the beach. Whatever that i do know that tends to "freak out" Europeans just a little bit is the amount of riding that the natural American does. The whole lot is rather more unfold out right here and we think nothing of a 1-2 hr. Drive to move somewhere. I've heard that several European countries can actually be transversed in that amount of time. We also have alot of immigrants from Hispanic countries and the Islands, which preserve things multi-culturally lively. As a minimum in my a part of valuable Florida, race members of the family are rather just right. I've had neighbors from Belgium, the Phillipines, Germany, Haiti and Cuba all residing on my block whilst and that i loved them all. Sorry to assert this, but judging out of your countrymen's impolite responses to your question i would ought to say i might come over in a minute if I have been you and might stand scorching climate. Just right success in making your decision. I'm assuming you are a younger person with out a family of your own? In case you are it can be alot higher to do some thing like this before the partner and children come alongside!

There are no "near" airports that fly to the USA Birmingham is a major airport

Are you capable of using the internet and searching ?

Planes fly from Richmond[RIC] to Birmingham[BHX] and the cost is $988

ADDED

It is pure laziness to ask people to do your route planning because you can not be bothered to spend time looking.

If you have multiple tabs open on your computer you can compare easily